My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    2/08/2003
    Group Thang
    I have noticed a lot of group type blogs popping up lately. Or maybe they have been around a while and I just didn't notice ;). Some are friends, some are ties in with websites, some with publishers and some are just trying to save time while blogging together.

    I have been bookmarking some as I see them, and honestly I have no clue about most of these but they are on my to check out list. So they may or may not be work safe. Open at on risk. This is further proof of my cut and paste ability ;), please let me know if any links don't work or a name is misspelled.

    Do you like group blogs? Any not on this list you want to add? Anything nifty here you checked and liked? Anything you DON'T like about the whole group thing? Can an author belong to too many different blogs or is it the more the better?

    Write Minded Blog
    Stephanie Tyler, Sharon Long,

    All-A-Blog
    Denise A. Agnew, Karen Anders, Gail Barrett, Susanna Carr, Colleen Collins, Linda Conrad, HelenKay Dimon, Barbara Dunlop, Katherine Garbera, Dara Girard, Bronwyn Jameson, Lydia Joyce, Alison Kent, Julie Leto, Robin D. Owens, Joanne Rock, JoAnn Ross, Susan Stephens, Tawny Taylor, Lauren Willig

    A group of erotic romance authors:
    Allure Authors
    Cathryn Fox, Delilah Devlin, Lisa Renee Jones, Myla Jackson, Sasha White, Sylvia Day, Vivi Anna

    Group of Authors in San Fran:
    Fog City Divas
    Diana Dempsey, Barbara Freethy, Carol Grace, Candice Hern, Julie Anne Long, Barbara McMahon, Kate Moore

    Paranormal Authors:
    Out of the Blogosphere
    Julie Kenner, Gena Showalter, Marianne Mancusi, C.J. Barry, Catherine Spangler, Angela Knight, Jaci Burton, Deidre Knight, PC Cast, Shannon McKelden, Jana J. Hanson, Robin D Owens, Liz Maverick, Leigh Wyndfield, Jennifer St. Giles, Shanna Swendson, Nina Bangs, Lucy Monroe, Rebecca York, Sue Grant, Julie Ramsey, Crystal Green's

    Running with Quills
    Stella Cameron, Jayne Ann Krentz, Elizabeth Lowell, Suzanne Simmons

    A group of EC authors:
    Forbidden Fantasies
    sherril king, Jaci Burton, Cheyenne McCray, J.C. Wilder, Ann Jacobs, Lorie O'Clare,
    Sahara Kelly, Jaid Black, Marly Chance

    Regency writers:
    Risky Regencies
    Megan Frampton, Amanda, Laurie Bishop, Janet Mullany, Cara King, Elena Greene, Bertram St James, Lady Cordelia

    A group of author friends:
    Squawk Radio
    Teresa Medeiros, Eloisa James, Christina Dodd, Elizabeth Bevarly, Lisa Kleypas, Connie Brockway, Kitty Kuttlestone (you just have to go see for yourself if you are wondering who the hell kitty is ;) )

    A group of women who write for Warner (yeah but you could tell that by the title):
    Warner Women
    Shari Anton, Shelley Bates, Kathryn Caskie, Britta Coleman, Susan Crandall, Megan Crane, Candy Halliday, Julie Anne Long, Sarah McKerrigan, Diane Perkins, Robin T. Popp, Jane Porter, Paula Quinn, Karen Rose, Stephanie Rowe, Michelle Rowen, Annie Solomon, Kelley St. John, Lori Wilde

    Vamps and Scamps
    Dianne Castell, Janice Maynard LuAnn McLane, Shiloh Walker, Lucy Monroe, Karen Kelley

    Group of romance authors who all got their start with Zebra:
    Romance Unleashed
    Sandy Blair, Teresa Bodwell, Cynthia Clement, Kristina Cook, Lori Devoti, Laura Drewry, Flo Fitzpatrick, Jackie Ivie, Sophia Johnson, Pamela Labud, Caroline Linden,
    Kathleen Long, Kathy Love, Sally MacKenzie, Barbara Plum, Paula Reed, Kate Rothwell,
    Eve Silver

    reader blog, tie in with Fresh Fiction site:
    FreshFiction...for today's reader
    Tracy, Kelley, Fresh Fiction, Mindy, Lexi Carter, Sara Reyes, Pat Richardson, TiggerRobyn, Tanzey, msrbshil, Reel Vixen

    Aphrodisia Author (romanctic erotica)
    Aphrodisia Authors
    Jami Alden, Renee Alexis, Vivi Anna, Alyssa Brooks, Rachelle Chase, Sunny Chen, Jodi Lynn Copeland, Lacy Danes, Kathleen Dante, Nelissa Donovan, Kate Douglas, Bonnie Edwards, Vonna Harper, Celia May Hart, Morgan Hawke,Deanna Lee, Renee Luke, Susan Lyons, Noelle Mack, PJ Mellor,Sharon Page, Devyn Quinn, Karin Tabke, Sasha White
    ** I really want Sexy Beast... I haven't gotten to read any of the Aphrodisia line yet but have to I will post reviews on soon - Wolf Tales and Three

    Wet Noodle Posse
    very nifty... too many people to cut and paste but you can get the whole scoop on how they came about here

    The Sisterhood of the Jaunty Quills
    Cindy, Margo, Shana, Anne, Shirley, Robyn, kim (looks like all AVON authors)
    9 Comments:
    1. Will have to check these out...you've named some I've never heard of. :)

      By Blogger Mad, at 2/15/2006 10:32:00 PM  

    2. That me... searching the deep dark places of the internet so you don't have too ;).

      Come back and tell me if any of them or good and I should like go see them and shit.

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/15/2006 11:32:00 PM  

    3. I like some of them -- the ones I avoid are the promo blogs, where it seems every entry is just a "just released!" entry.

      I can see why they are popular, though -- much easier to be part of a group than maintaining your own blog.

      Er...as I just realized I took mine offline for updates and because it has sucked lately...*runs away*

      By Blogger meljean brook, at 2/16/2006 02:49:00 AM  

    4. I noticed the same thing too actually, but I generally don't frequent them. I guess it's easier to maintain than having a personal blog.

      The only one I visit is Writeminded Blog, just cuz the content is generall quite interesting.

      I don't do Squawk Radio cuz I'm not an Elizabeth Bevarly fan.

      (Did I just say that out loud?)

      By Blogger Karen Scott, at 2/16/2006 02:57:00 AM  

    5. I was going to say the same thing as Maljean and Karen but they said it first. Too many of them seemed like nothing but promotion stuff for each others books. Not interested.

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 2/16/2006 05:21:00 AM  

    6. Ahhh karen I like you more and more have I told you that lately. I can't say I am not a fan of Elizabeth Bevarly as I have never read anything by her.

      But I can say I have avoided buying anything by her after her lil erotica post.

      I am peachy keen with anyone not wanting to write erotic romance, not wanting to read it, even not wanting to know about. Whatever, to each their own. But I tend to get pissy whenever it shouldn't be done or that it makes 'romance' look bad.

      I only visit every once in a while because of Lisa Kleypas, which I am sure comes to a shock to everyone ;). And they have some nifty guests, I normally learn about way late.

      So which ones DO you visit?

      And meljean you site better be back up soon young lady!

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/16/2006 05:29:00 AM  

    7. I've visited the Out of the Blogosphere one a few times, because I like a lot of the authors there. But the other's I've never been to and don't really know too many of the names featured on them.

      And I do agree with everyone else that posted about a lot of the blog posts being promotional.

      By Blogger Samantha, at 2/16/2006 10:10:00 AM  

    8. I like Out of the Blogosphere too. And Vamps and Scamps seems pretty cool.

      Risky Regency has some interesting facts around the time period and they are just some silly girls to drop by and see.

      There are prolly more there I have visited but I can't see the list ;). OH the wet noodle one is really pretty cool and not omg buy my book now! But they do link to the books and I think that is cool.

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/16/2006 11:28:00 PM  

    9. The only thing I can say is that I simply don't have time to track that many blogs so the ones I do tend to put on Bloglines are usually written by readers not authors. Honestly, I love 'em to death for the books they produce but can do without hearing about publishing and writing problems on a daily basis, you know. I suppose that would go double or triple for group author blogs.

      (Which is also why I question almost daily why RtB is on my bloglines list in the first place.)

      As for group blogs, ones by readers are so few and far between, I'm not really sure how to answer that. Let me find a couple and then maybe I'll have an opinion. (G)

      By Blogger Bev (BB), at 2/19/2006 11:30:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home