My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    3/06/2006
    FAQs and WTFs and Loose Lips
    Here are the five most common questions I get asked. If you've got others, I'll answer them if I can.

    1. When am I going to get Z's story?
    Z's book is all finished and LOVER AWAKENED is coming out in September. LA is the darkest of the Brotherhood books (at least as far as I know now). I was anxious as hell to write it for the simple reason that Z's my favorite and I wanted to do him justice. Well... and there are a lot of Z lovers out there and they would come after me and my laptop with a stake if I didn't. I'm really pleased with the way Z came out and am grateful that all of the elements that I wanted in the book made it through to its final version. Z... Z is the one for me.


    2. How many books are in the series?
    There are ten books in my head right now. And two of them involve folks that come out later in the series (including a female warrior.)


    3. What's going to happen to Wellsie?
    I get this question a lot, and if the reader wants to know I'm willing to tell them (though not in specifics and always privately). Actually, I'm glad when folks ask this because it gives me an opportunity to point out that I have no control over what happens in these books. The stories are what they are: they write themselves. And sometimes what happens in them is deeply upsetting to me. After all, I have to see all the scenes in the books in my head and live the emotions vicariously. But if I change the manuscripts to make them more middle of the road, it feels... dishonest.


    4. Where do your ideas come from?
    Yeah, I get this one a lot and the answer seems... well, odd to say the least. But hey, see above in my first post. I have no idea where the Brotherhood came from or why they picked me to talk to. I just know that their voices are in my head and they tell me what to do when I'm at the computer. If I try to muscle the books in any way (like attempting to consolidate scenes or force plot arcs) the voices shut up and won't come out again until I get my nose out of their business. The relationship is pretty clear cut: they talk, I type and that's that.


    5. Is Darius coming back?
    Keep reading. ;)


    (c) Copyright J.R. Ward 2005-2006

    here are some interviews you might find interesting. And a recap of all Gst Author Day Posts

    interview with New and Used Books
    interview with Night Owl Romance
    interview with PNR
    angiew interviews JR Ward

    Then ask a few questions of your own... you know you are dying to ask about the names ;). I SO thought that would make the top five.
    23 Comments:
    1. sort of makes you tear up doesn't it...

      By Blogger sybil, at 3/06/2006 08:46:00 AM  

    2. the comment just makes me feel at home

      By Blogger mfroelich, at 3/06/2006 08:52:00 AM  

    3. Muah muah muah! Welcome to the world of blogging, babe!

      So, when do I get Z's story? ;)

      By Blogger Angela James, at 3/06/2006 09:53:00 AM  

    4. Angie you and Syb both get him as soon as the ARCs are ready! Like sixty days!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/06/2006 10:38:00 AM  

    5. You are so mean... how can I tease her if you are nice to her!

      You should at least mail it to me early. hee

      By Blogger sybil, at 3/06/2006 10:45:00 AM  

    6. Jesse wants her Z too! (I finally wrapped up LE all pretty and put it away for her. Yes, Frankie thinks I'm crazy.) lol

      Hope you're having fun with the blog! :)

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/06/2006 10:53:00 AM  

    7. Poor Sybil, how do I break this to you...I already knew I was getting it. You won't ever be able to tease me :)

      By Blogger Angela James, at 3/06/2006 10:54:00 AM  

    8. le sigh... I know this. But one can dream.

      hee I am trying to finish the contest post! Stop distracting me ;) you know how easy it is.

      lil miss sitting over there owing me an email and being all editorish with books way before their release date.

      By Blogger sybil, at 3/06/2006 11:17:00 AM  

    9. First, to those *cough* Shiloh *cough* who have already read the third book. I hate you (nah, but, I'm jealous)

      J.R., if Sybil and Angie's rivalry for ARCs gets to be too much, call me. (sorry, Sybil - I'm a traitor)

      Now, I have heard through the grapevine that Butch will get his own book. If he doesn't I won't collapse or fall about wailing but I thought I would get it straight from the source.

      I met Butch and was floored by him. I just love him and he isn't officially a Brother. I thought maybe with him being over the moon about Wrath's mate he might have a story arcing over the books. Which would be good because that would mean Butch 24/7.

      I think I know what will happen to Wellsie although the Brother's aren't talking to me.

      Seriously, what frequency are you listening to ;)

      CindyS (trying not to be overly fangirl-ish)

      By Blogger CindyS, at 3/06/2006 11:26:00 AM  

    10. Oh, and because I'm a pain, do you think the books will continue to come out every 6 months or do you see yourself needing a time out from the men.

      I followed the interviews and saw that Butch might be after Z so, is Butch's book his alone or will he be sharing with Viscious like they share a room ;)

      CindyS (again)

      By Blogger CindyS, at 3/06/2006 11:39:00 AM  

    11. Sybil – you are confusing me! I’m not sure where to post so I just picked this one.
      To JR more of a couple of comments than questions.
      1)You must have been just thrilled this morning when you saw Dark Lover won for best paranormal at Aar this morning! When you look at all the paranormals being written these days, to have DL voted the best one of the year is quite an accomplishment!

      2)I don’t normally read vampire romance, but when DL started getting so much buzz, I broke down and bought a copy ‘cause I didn’t want to feel left out. And I’m glad I did. This one really hooked me in and I loved it. I’m still not big on vampire romance, but I’m making an exception for your series and in fact bought Lover Eternal on the weekend. It’s hard one to choose which one to read next ‘cause I also got Crazy Kisses at the same time. And FWIW – that’s a real compliment *grin*

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 3/06/2006 11:45:00 AM  

    12. Is the ARC sickness making it's rounds again?

      I heard coughs sounding remarkably like Butch and Vax but I could be wrong.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/06/2006 11:55:00 AM  

    13. sorry kristie I live to confuse ;)... but did think of that after jay's 'How long have you been up there are like 9 posts'.

      I will do one post with linkage.

      But yes the thought is general questions here...

      DL/Wrath&Beth questions/comments squeeing in that thread.

      LE - readers that might ask spoilerishe questions in that thread about to go up.

      LA - Z questions in that thread with the cover/back copy.

      So oddly you understood me. Angiew would say that is a sign for worry me think...

      cindy I shall forgive you only cuz you thought of 'you feel me' when I was brain dead this morning.

      By Blogger sybil, at 3/06/2006 11:56:00 AM  

    14. Sybil - does that buy me any other favours? ;) You're not going to go to bed are you? So far, me neither.

      CindyS

      By Blogger CindyS, at 3/06/2006 12:27:00 PM  

    15. Miss Kitty- here's my response to your questions (and thanks for your kind words!):

      As a writer of a different kind, I'd love to know how you came upon the idea of writing the story of a rape and abuse survivor? Do you feel a responsibility in the way that you portray it? Has it been difficult to research?

      I'm afraid I don't feel like I come up with any ideas. The images in my head are what I write about and they dictate the stories. I don't set out to do anything plot wise. I listen to the voices, look at the pictures and try to faithfully record what I see. I feel a tremendous responsbility about everything I write. Tremendous. Down to every word.

      You established from the beginning that your vampires survive by feeding upon the blood of the opposite sex. Not wanting to give anything away, but in Lover Eternal it's never clear whether this couple are ever going to be able to share that experience or not. Will it ever be addressed, or will it remain ambiguous?

      Rhage will never be able to be live off Mary's blood (and be as physically strong as he should be.) She's of a different speces. That doesn't mean he can't drink from her, however. It just won't sustain him. :)

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/06/2006 02:26:00 PM  

    16. You know its sad that Rhage wont be able to live off her blood but at least they are together. I think the fact that they have each other and love each other is enough to help them get over that small if somewhat significant hurdle. BTW, JR, thanks for the tears...*looking hopelessley at tear stained shirt*

      By Blogger Suzette, at 3/06/2006 06:24:00 PM  

    17. Cindy- I'm a huge Butch fan myself... He definately gets his own book and he doesn't share with V! :) I've started Butch already actually and at fifty some pages in he's alrready been through a lot...

      So you're going to get your Butch O'Neal 24/7!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/06/2006 06:37:00 PM  

    18. Oh and Cindy- yes, every six months for the books! :)

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/06/2006 06:38:00 PM  

    19. Kristie- here's my response (s)!

      1)You must have been just thrilled this morning when you saw Dark Lover won for best paranormal at Aar this morning! When you look at all the paranormals being written these days, to have DL voted the best one of the year is quite an accomplishment!

      OMG I was FLOORED. Like, woah... what is especially awesome is that readers picked the book. That means a ton.

      2)I don’t normally read vampire romance, but when DL started getting so much buzz, I broke down and bought a copy ‘cause I didn’t want to feel left out. And I’m glad I did. This one really hooked me in and I loved it. I’m still not big on vampire romance, but I’m making an exception for your series and in fact bought Lover Eternal on the weekend. It’s hard one to choose which one to read next ‘cause I also got Crazy Kisses at the same time. And FWIW – that’s a real compliment *grin*

      Oh, is that Tara Janzen's book? If so I LOVE HER. I read CRAZY HOT and she blew me away. Totally. So I know what kind of compliment that is! :)

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/06/2006 06:40:00 PM  

    20. Suzette- I cried too... Yup, shameless weepies. Not like that in other parts of my life but the brothers get to me.

      So I know what you mean! :)

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/06/2006 06:42:00 PM  

    21. Ok, I'll bite! What can you tell us about the brother's names? I'm interested to hear more about them.

      Thanks,
      Angie G. (Unfortunately not AngieW.)

      BTW, I think Angie is such a great name that anyone with that name should get an ARC of Z's story! :)

      By Blogger Angie G., at 3/06/2006 07:12:00 PM  

    22. AngieG LOL

      Okay, here's the deal with the names: They are traditional warrior names in the Old Language (thus their odd spellings). Over time, and in the English language, these names were bastardized and came to be associated with aggressive or adverse emotions. The names were in the original proposal for the series and I love them... :)

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/06/2006 09:31:00 PM  

    23. A Butch book and every six months. I have been saved!

      Thanks,
      CindyS

      By Blogger CindyS, at 3/07/2006 03:23:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home