My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    7/15/2006
    who knew...
    My recent quest to find upcoming historicals is in synic with AAR's ATBF. I really need to make a note to check that page on monday, first I missed pirates and now this.

    tara led me to vanessa jaye that sent me to the message board that ended with the column

    There was an old lady who swallowed a bird.
    How absurd! To swallow a bird!
    She swallowed the bird to catch the spider
    That wiggled and jiggled and tickled insider her.
    She swallowed the spider to catch the fly.
    I don't know why she swallowed a fly.
    I guess she'll die.
    3 Comments:
    1. There's a halloween song very similiar. Once my son was doped at the dentist office and he sang the whole song for everyone in the waiting room

      By Blogger Amie Stuart, at 7/15/2006 08:44:00 AM  

    2. There used to be a cartoon of the song. It was a very simple, almost shadow puppet-looking thing that showed the old lady eating and eating and eating...

      Cool.

      By Blogger C2, at 7/15/2006 08:50:00 PM  

    3. I use to sing this song to my son when he was very young an baby. I learnt this song in kindergarden myself. When I got to the fly part I'd tap him on the nose after drawing a few circles in the air. And of course I'd tickle him at the wiggling spider part. lol. Thanks for the memory. :-) She actually swallows quite a few more animals (a horse, cow, dog, then the cat, etc).

      You should keep checking back on the ABF Messageboards, there are a lot more interesting dissions going on since I made that blog post.

      By Blogger vanessa jaye, at 7/16/2006 11:42:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home