My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    4/29/2006
    smartquotes are the devil
    ok I have figured out how to reformat to make most of the crap format that crap blogger won't take... but the accent thing, still giving me grief

    Anyone know how to fix that without deleting it? see the HE excerpt for what I am talking about... typing triple-shot grandé skinny vanilla latté the E in grande and latte make blogger go screwy. Any ideas? Thanks!

    Or better yet, how can I make blogger use smartquotes? And if you say switch to wordpress I will scream, or maili will :).
    6 Comments:
    1. Biting down on tongue very hard...

      More seriously, I do like what you done with your sidebar and I hope you work this out.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/29/2006 12:15:00 PM  

    2. I have a wordpress I set up but never went to do crap with it.

      but... really... I like it here! look the template is all set up like I want

      ::pets sidebar::

      and I would have to take time to learn it, and I am so not paying a domain right now... and and and maili would prolly stop returning my emails

      By Blogger sybil, at 4/29/2006 12:40:00 PM  

    3. I'll say a couple of things :) I found learning about wordpress.com fun, which was never the case with either blogger or livejournal. It's well set up, at least for people like me. And you know you don't need a domain name at wordpress.com, right?

      But your template is great, so I can definitely see why you want to stay here. The sidebar at wp.com is not particularly flexible.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/29/2006 01:16:00 PM  

    4. Smartquotes? What did you do? *off to check the template*

      By Blogger lost, at 4/29/2006 06:04:00 PM  

    5. *back* Sybil, have you been writing your blog posts in Word or any other word processing programs?

      By Blogger lost, at 4/29/2006 06:05:00 PM  

    6. nope

      honest!

      It was peachy before and now... symbols all over the place! le sigh, I really don't think I did anything. But who knows with me ;).

      I can take the post, put it into word, save it without smartquotes, redo the post then they almost all go away. But fuck that is a lot of work.

      But everytime I run across a fucked up post I feel the need to fix it :). I think I get that from you.

      that is my story and I am sticking too it

      By Blogger sybil, at 4/29/2006 10:49:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home