My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    6/06/2006
    Dark Need by Lynn Viehl
    This came in the mail the other day. And to be honest, I haven't read the other two books yet but want to. So as I was putting Dark Need with the other two I opened it and read the teaser....

    excerpt on site...
    There is more to this but this part is in the first page of the book...
    "We're investigating an incident that happened nearby." She showed him Lena's photo. "Do you recognize this woman?”

    Lucan studied the image. "Yes, but I don't know her name."

    "How do you know her?"

    "I had sex with her several weeks ago." He sat back on the edge of the desk.

    "You were lovers?"

    He smiled. "We were strangers."

    Sam tried not to jump on that, but it was irresistible. "Do you often have one night stands with strange, nameless women, Mr. Lucan?"

    "Three nights." He drained his wineglass and straightened, moving a step closer.

    Sam smelled night-blooming jasmine, but couldn't identify the source. "What was that?"

    "It was a three-night stand. I kept her in my bed for three nights." He bent closer, and his voice dropped to a bedroom murmur. "How many nights would you last, Detective?"

    Was he hitting on her? "None" Sam felt strange, rooted to the floor. "I don't have sex with strangers."

    One velvet-covered finger touched her dry lips. "Then let's get better acquainted, shall we?"


    So my question is... can this be read as a stand alone? Just checking ;)
    3 Comments:
    1. I was not of the opinion that the second one could be read independent of the first, so I have my doubts about this one, though I haven't read it yet. Someone else might have a different opinion, but my feeling is that they build on each other, despite having different protaganists as the lead

      By Blogger Angela James, at 6/06/2006 03:21:00 PM  

    2. I've only read the first book but knowing who the hero of the second one would be - you gotta read them in order! Course, maybe Viehl does backstory but I was really shocked when I found out who the hero of the second book was because DUDE, he's FUBAR!! Man, I can't wait to have all my books in the new house unpacked!!

      Oh, and I did squee a little when you said you would post ;) Nobody is out playing lately - I guess everyone else has a life.

      CindyS

      By Blogger CindyS, at 6/07/2006 02:55:00 AM  

    3. I just finished Dark Need, it kind of stands alone, there is enough backstory told that it probably would work, but the sub-plots are rather complicated and may not make sense. Or, maybe I'm familiar enough with the backstory that references bring it back.

      You definitely need to read the 1st one before the 2nd.

      I think the first 2 are worth reading. This seems to be a polarizing series, either you love it or hate it.

      By Blogger Tara Marie, at 6/07/2006 04:52:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home