My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    7/10/2006
    See Holly be right aka See Jane Score
    The ever fab holly rec'ed See Jane Score by Rachel Gibson.
    THIS IS JANE
    A little subdued. A little stubborn. A little tired of going out on blind dates with men who drive vans with sofas in the back, Jane Alcott is living the Single Girl existence in the big city. She is also leading a double life. By day, she's a reporter covering the raucous Seattle Chinooks hockey team -- especially their notorious goalie Luc Martineau. By night, she's a writer, secretly creating the scandalous adventures of "Honey Pie"... the magazine series that has all the men talking.


    SEE JANE SPAR
    Luc has made his feelings about parasite reporters -- and Jane -- perfectly clear. But if he thinks he's going to make her life a misery...

    He'd better think again.


    SEE JANE ATTRACT
    For as long as he can remember, Luc has been single minded about his career. The last thing he needs is a smart mouthed, pain in the backside, reporter digging into his past and getting in his way. But once the little reporter shed her black and gray clothes in favor of a sexy red dress, Luc sees that there is more to Jane than originally meets the eye.


    Maybe it's time to take a risk. Maybe it's time to live out fantasies. Maybe it's time to...
    SEE JANE SCORE!


    Would you like to know more...
    I really enjoyed this book. Everything from the opening with a scene from 'Honey Pie' to the dart games and closet make outs were fun. The book is worth reading for the tattoo scene alone, and I say that not having a thing for tattoos.


    I am not a sports chick, know nothing about sports and have about zero interest in anything other than basketball but I am finding I enjoy 'sporty' heroes. And the hockey here is fab. Rachel Gibson is fast becoming a fave of mine, of course I have only read two books so far.


    Jane and Luc are two very likable characters with believable faults and hang ups. And the sex is hawt. The geeky girl gets the hunky guy and she isn't a virgin who finds her sex drive by finding the hero. But you can feel how the two of them complete each other and the love story works, geeky heroine and all.


    I am really looking forward to I'm in No Mood For Love. Did I mention the tattoo?

    Labels: ,

    6 Comments:
    1. Why I liked this rachel gibson book, I liked Deirdre Martin's Body Check more. I thought it had a more realistic view of modern relationships and the heroine was someone I wanted to stand up and applaud.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/10/2006 10:14:00 PM  

    2. Ohhh, I loved this one, too! And so did my sister: she's the slowest reader ever, and I gave it to her to read during a plane ride, on a trip we took together. Well, we were sitting apart, and in the middle of the flight she comes to my seat and tells me "it was wonderful! Do you have another one?"

      By Blogger Rosario, at 7/11/2006 04:49:00 AM  

    3. Isn't this one great? And *sigh* the tatoo - like it, liked it a lot. Unfortunately for me at least, some of her books are real clunkers. Lola Carlyle Reveals All, Daisy's Back in Town were two that I really, really did not like. Trouble With Valentine's Day was meh for me, although Keishon really likes it. The rest of her back list were pretty good, but See Jane Score is my fave of hers.

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 7/11/2006 08:12:00 AM  

    4. I found this book at the thrift store this past weekend. YAY! LOL

      By Blogger ~ames~, at 7/11/2006 09:19:00 AM  

    5. I'm so good, eh? LOL

      Glad you enjoyed it. Like Kristie, I hated Lola Carlyle, but I actually enjoyed Daisy's Back In Town.

      Jane, I'm surprised that you liked the DM more. I hated it. LOL

      By Blogger Holly, at 7/11/2006 04:55:00 PM  

    6. see about halfway in I thought I was going to hate Lola but by the end it had me sighing with a romance-induced pink glow. Daisy was eh for me as was True Confessions. They weren't bad, but they weren't wonderful.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/11/2006 10:15:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home