My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    7/05/2006
    Loving Mood? Online Sex?
    Rachel Gibson is a new to me author who I really thought I would never get around to reading. Mind you it had nothing to do with the author as much as my heart was set on historicals. And cartoony covers do nothing but put me off, prolly just me. But I ended up with a copy of Sex, Lies and Online Dating and picked it up to skim before sendin it off to the ubs.


    And ended up reading it and liking it. I was surprised because I generally don't like it when the h/h lie about their identity for a good chunk of the book. It isn't a keeper but I have to say the preview for her next book caught my eye...


    I'm in No Mood For Love... blurb from author site
    Romance novelist Clare Wingate's love life is a mess. Her cheating fiance has absconded with her dog and her mother is driving her insane.

    Her life could not get any worse . . . then she wakes up in the arms of sexy bad boy Sebastian Vaughan and everything gets a whole lot messier.


    Maybe I have a thing for bad boys named Sebastian *g*. I am a sucker for childhood pals turned lovers... and it seems they have some kind of background. There is a sneak peak up on her site I am trying really hard not to read.


    hee you can go read it for me here



    summary for Sex, Lies and Online Dating from author site
    Burned by life and love...


    Detective Quinn McIntyre figures women will be the death of him someday. Then he meets Lucy Rothschild and learns that day maybe sooner than he thought.


    SEX...
    What is it about men anyway? Bad cars, bad jobs, even bad teeth, nothing convinces them that they can't snare a Size Two Babe with a D cup chest. And after way too many internet dates with men named "luvstick" and "Bigdaddy182", Lucy Rothschild should know.


    LIES...
    But sitting across from her now is hardluvman, and he seems different - sensitive, honest, and hot! He says he's a plumber, while Lucy claims she's a nurse! She's really a mystery writer, dating on line while researching her next book. Hey, everyone lies a little, don't they?


    AND ONLINE DATING...
    But Quinn's really an undercover cop hunting down a serial killer, and he sees Lucy as one of his top suspects. And while he could really go for this smart, sexy woman with the killer bod - if that's the only thing "killer" about her - he knows he needs to wine and dine her and discover the truth. Hey, he realized the dating scene can be deadly - but this is ridiculous!


    AAR has a great interview from Jan 2005. Have you read Gibson? Any rec's? Any thing to stay far far away from? Truly, Madly Yours looks interesting...

    Labels: ,

    10 Comments:
    1. LOVE Gibson. She's an auto-buy for me. See Jane Score is my fav, but Truly, Madly Yours is really good (second best, IMO). I didn't really like It Must Be Love or Lola Carlyle Reveals it all, though. Skip those.

      By Blogger Holly, at 7/04/2006 02:43:00 PM  

    2. truley madly yours is so gonna be my next buy me think...

      what did you lurve about See Jane Score?

      By Blogger sybil, at 7/04/2006 03:51:00 PM  

    3. Gibson was an autobuy for me early in her career (LOVE Truly, Madly Yours), but has fallen off that list. See Jane Score and The Trouble with Valentine's Day were good and almost warranted returning her to the list. But I was really disappointed and bored by Sex, Lies and Online Dating, so she's staying off for now.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/04/2006 05:12:00 PM  

    4. See Jane Score is my fave of hers. I love me a good sexy hockey player!!

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 7/04/2006 08:27:00 PM  

    5. Luc and his lucky tattoo. Jane the geek. The hockey. The sex. The darts. The sex. The sister. The sex. Did I mention the sex? LOL

      By Blogger Holly, at 7/04/2006 11:40:00 PM  

    6. Oh, I just finished reading SL&OD. It was the first time I read her. I liked it and the new book sounds very interesting.

      By Blogger ~ames~, at 7/05/2006 09:09:00 AM  

    7. ames if she is a new to you as well, get your hands on See, Jane Score... I am liking it more than SL.

      I didn't even mean to read it yet because I have reviews due but it just caught my attention.

      By Blogger sybil, at 7/05/2006 09:12:00 AM  

    8. LOL Sybil, that's funny when that happens.

      By Blogger ~ames~, at 7/05/2006 09:17:00 AM  

    9. Oh, good. I'm glad you're reading SJS. Did you get to the tattoo part yet? LOL

      By Blogger Holly, at 7/05/2006 02:35:00 PM  

    10. Love her! :o)

      I agree about Lucky and his tattoo - yowza! I have to say my favorite of hers is True Confessions, though...something about turning your neighbors into aliens and writing stories about them tickles my funny bone.

      By Blogger C2, at 7/05/2006 08:01:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home