My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    10/09/2006
    random blog stuff
    Note to Self: Release Date are a good thing to put on posts when the book isn't out yet.

    Links and more


    The Pretty
    Color... I am still trying to decide what background color to use. Any suggestions? Am I the only person who doesn't go to some sites because it is just too flipping our to read? There are a handful I will highlight the text so I can read the dark font on dark background.


    Label
    I am playing with the labels. YAY labels they are fun. Check out the right side bar - if you click 'Nifty Book Info' you should get any post labeled with ::Book Info::. I am playing with the labels right now to figure out what best makes sense to me.

    Like right now I have a 'book info' and an 'author info'. If you updated your website or changed genres - I would label that author info. If I posted about a book - excerpt, new cover, review or whatever - that would go under book info.

    yes I give this way too much thought. I will post a 'key' to all the labels at some point cuz god knows what makes sense in my head doesn't always make sense once it leaves my head.


    Amazon Associates
    Does anyone make any money off the amazon linky thing? Where if someone goes through you link to buy the book you get a penny (or whatever). I want a way to make a few bucks to cover postage to do contests. Media Mail is pretty cheap but I don't want to do it if I can't include outside the US.

    And I wonder... is it tacky?


    Review Format
    I keep going back and forth on many issues. Biggest one review format... I like my format for the 'ebuzz' books. But I am not sure I want to do it that way for print books. At the same time, I like the way I did reviews for AAR, but I think that is TOO much and TOO time consuming. I think I have decided wendy's rule of anything after page 50 (unless it is on the back of the book) is a spoiler is a good rule. Not to say I won't have spoilers but I wanetd to get a handle on what should go behind a cut. Very hard for a long time spoilerwhore to figure out *g*. But like everything else on my blog I can't make up my mind on I have decided to just do it and tweak as I go along.

    Link me to how you do it... what works for you... what must you have in your review... is there anything you make sure NOT to do?


    Feel free to give your imput on what works for you and what doesn't. There is a link at the top right to email me or you are welcome at any time to comment on blog on anything. Keep in mind... I blog because it amuses me, I love to read and plan to keep blogging until it is no longer fun. So if I don't take your suggestion it is nothing personal *g*.

    LOL yeah like I said I put too much thought into shit regarding things no one but me cares about and I doubt anyone notices.

    Labels: ,

    4 Comments:
    1. I do break out the group blogs from the author blogs.

      For the unpubbed writer links, it depends on why I read them. If I read that site because she's a writer, then she goes under the unpubbed writer section. If I read that site because she reviews stuff, she goes under reviews. My CPs get a separate header.

      I love labels. That's why I finally went with Wordpress at the time. LOL.

      I tried the Associates thing because I can't quite afford to send out books for contests being a poor student, but the way they make you search for the link is a PAIN! I did wonder about the tacky issue too, but then the annoyance got to me and I didn't care any more.

      I try to keep my reviews short, and no spoilers.

      By Blogger May, at 10/09/2006 02:06:00 PM  

    2. You crack me up.

      I suppose when I think "Author" I think published. But when I think "writer" I don't. Maybe separate them that way.

      My reviews are just whatever goes. But I try to blank out spoilers for those strange people who aren't spoiler hoes. I suppose I just try to add the basic premise of the book and then my thoughts. Unless the book blows, then I try to tell you just WHY it blows. LOL

      I'd like to comment on the labels, but I'm still too salty that I don't have Beta yet. I WANT BETA! Blogger people, do you hear me? Sheesh!

      As for the Amazon thing...I don't think it's tacky. I've been thinking about it on my site, too. *shrug* Whatever works, babe.

      By Blogger Holly, at 10/09/2006 02:44:00 PM  

    3. I keep going back and forth on many issues. Biggest one review format... I like my format for the 'ebuzz' books. But I am not sure I want to do it that way for print books

      I think you should stop thinking about it so much and just start posting more reviews. I'll direct you to your list...LONG list in a recent post of overdue reviews. Stop procrastinating and write them already. Please, for the love of God. 5 posts a day and you still have a long list of overdue reviews. Just. Write. Them. Just saying.

      *snicker*

      btw, see my post today about the state of Westerns in NY print.

      By Blogger Angela James, at 10/09/2006 04:29:00 PM  

    4. What Angie said.

      How can somebody who posts more times daily than I do have such a huge backlog of reviews? My backlog is 2 books long!

      By Blogger May, at 10/09/2006 04:53:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home