My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    10/05/2006
    Fuck me gently with a chainsaw
    J.D.: The extreme always seems to make an impression.
    Of course it started with...
    Tara Marie leading my drugged self over to RtB a few days ago (well longer now).

    And since the first thing I thought of when I saw the post was Heathers, I sqqquuueee when I saw jane's comment. Cuz I like company in my oddness.


    Veronica Sawyer: Dear Diary, my teen-angst bullshit now has a body count.

    When the sqquuueeing stopped I decided to...

    use my wicked cool quotes and blog about reviews...

    Then I remembered I have already done that, you know, once or so. And there wasn't anything new really for me to say. And since I can't seem to keep a thought in my head long enough to complete a post I changed my mind.

    Veronica Sawyer: Heather told me she teaches people real life. She said, "Real life sucks losers dry. If you wanna fuck with the eagles, you have to learn to fly."

    I said, "So, you teach people how to spread their wings and fly?"

    She said, "Yes."

    I said, "You're beautiful."

    The title of this post, How Very and the one above here...

    are some of my favorite quotes. Well to be honest the title is the first thing that popped into my head when responding to Tara's post but she is a nice girl so I didn't use it on her blog :).


    Veronica Sawyer: It's one thing to want someone out of your life, but it's another thing to serve them a wake-up cup full of liquid drainer.

    And since many people are soooo touchy
    I thought blogging about reviews with quotes such as these might seem... what is the word? Mean...

    Have you read LLB's Anatomy of a Glom?

    I recently went on a glom, in case you were wondering. And it was one of those authors I have never read that everyone talks about... Suzanne Brockmann.

    It started with Letter to Kelly (really liked it but more on that later) which lead to Heart Throb (really liked this too but it soooo seemed familiar but back at the time I was reading hollywood type books like Jackie Collins and Glitter Baby I don't think this was published.) And then I read:

    TAYLOR'S TEMPTATION, SIM, TDD #10, July 2001
    THE ADMIRAL'S BRIDE, SIM #962, TDD #7, November 1999
    NIGHT WATCH, SIM, TDD #11, September 2003
    IT CAME UPON A MIDNIGHT CLEAR, SIM #896, TDD #6, December 1998 (Reissued in 4/05 as HAWKEN'S HEART) - almost positive I try to read this once and skipped to the end. read the whole thing this time... as of now my least fave of this series.
    GET LUCKY, SIM #991, TDD #9, March 2000
    EVERYDAY, AVERAGE JONES, SIM #872, TDD #4, August 1998

    Still have to be read: IDENTITY: UNKNOWN, HARVARD'S EDUCATION, FRISCO'S KID, FOREVER BLUE, PRINCE JOE. hee no I am not going in any order... I am odd like that.


    Veronica Sawyer: I say we just grow up, be adults and die.

    Oddly enough I got started on the whole glom because I tried to order an ebook from NCP...
    Wild Child by Shelley Munro

    And due to some omfg asshattery from my bank - tangent
    did I tell you about that? Someone touched some button and completely fucked my account for ten days. TEN! So every check I wrote, for TEN DAYS, was returned.... I think the total so far that the bank has paid in fees is somewhere around 150 (will be 400 if they pay the bill my apartments sent them). I think I should be paid for the amount of time I had to spend on the phone figuring out what all they fucked up.


    This effected my paypal account as well, so it took like three day to clear vs the **poof** you have ebookness that I am use too. Since I didn't know about that at first I hit the button to order said ebook and waited. Then waited. And waited some more. Then dropped NCP an email. And waited. And waited some more.

    I was sad. Because now I HAD TO HAVE THIS BOOK. Because I couldn't get it. It dawned on me to call the bank the following day. And I figured out what the hold up was and that it was on their end not NCP.

    Not that NCP contacted me that day, which I think was a Sunday. Or that Monday. My email to customer service was answered five days later. After the book was sent to me the day before.

    Is this normal? Most of my ebooks come from Samhain, Liquid Silver Books and EC. And I tried to factor in I know angie and tina well enough to drop them an email and pout if my order were to screw up. BUT the only times I have had to email one of those publishers, I went through the customer service link. And was answered RIGHT AWAY. Like with in hours, when I expected to have to wait a day or so. Of course I could be annoyed that I waited and waited for a book I ended up not liking.

    oh and the age plot thing is what lead me to Letter to Kelly but uh that is another post... LOL



    Veronica Sawyer: What is your damage, Heather?

    Which leads back to reviews...
    I have a shit load of half done reviews in draft that I am going to start putting up. Some are way old and some are not... but anything I had written down or on my hard drive is going to get something said about it.

    The ones I have found so far that have been read (in nnnnnooooooo order):
    Cece Stuart: Once in a Blue Moon
    Rene Weaver: Let's Pretend
    Diana Palmer: Heartbreaker
    Caroline Linden: What a Gentleman Wants
    Shannon Stacey: 72 Hours, Forever Again
    Bonnie Dee: Bone Deep, Home Bound
    Susan Mallery: The Ladies' Man
    Karen Rose Smith: Custody for Two
    Melissa Jackson: Masquerade
    Dee Tenorio: Betting Hearts
    Adrienne Basso: The Christmas Heiress
    Annmarie McKenna: Blackmailed
    Goodman: One Forbidden Evening
    Beth Williamson: The Prize
    Evangeline Anderson: Last Man On Earth
    Ruth Kerce: Xylon Warriors
    Sasha White: Gypsy Heart, Bound
    Ann Jacobs: Out of Bounds, Another Love, Getting it On
    Sylvia Day: Ask for It
    HelenKay: Viva Las Bad Boys
    Kristin Hardy: Under His Spell
    Galen Foley: His Wicked Kiss
    Shelley Munro: Wild Child

    ::blink:: maybe I will do a huge mass review... or something


    Heather Duke: I prayed for the death of Heather Chandler many times and I felt bad every time I did it but I kept doing it anyway. Now I know you understood everything. Praise Jesus, Hallelujah.

    Did I mention...
    My hip fucking hurts... I spent over THREE hours in the doctor's office today. So I could talk to her for five mins, get poked with a needle and be given new drugs.

    I really need to get a new dr but I really really like my dr. le sigh

    LOL of course right at the second I am feeling nooooooo pain

    Heather Chandler: You stupid fuck.
    Veronica Sawyer: You goddamn bitch.
    Heather Chandler: I brought you to a Remington party and what's my thanks? It's on a hallway carpet. I got paid in puke.
    Veronica Sawyer: Lick it up, baby. Lick. It. Up.

    And NEW BOOKS!
    Work has been... uh work but the upside is a week or so ago I won a 100 gift card off a raffle thing (if your name is on a comment card you get a ticket, ticket is drawn in the monthly meeting - that I didn't go to - but hey I won). So I had to buy some books with part of it. Oddly enough there wasn't much I wanted and omg ya think there are enough paranormals out there?

    I did pick up:
    The Inconvenient Duchess - Christine Merrill (read)
    The Rake's Proposal - Sarah Elliott (went back and forth with this one as I didn't really like her first book)
    Stay for Christmas - Judith Stacy, Victoria Bylin, Elizabeth Lane (read)
    Under His Spell - Kristin Hardy (read)
    The Wicked Games of a Gentleman by Jillian Hunter

    Other new to me books (in no order):
    The Cop by Sasha White, Alyssa Brooks, Renee Alexis (reading)
    Midnight Sonata by Dee Tenorio
    What A Gentleman Wants by Caroline Linden (read)
    Peeping Tom Shelley Munro
    Master of Swords by Angela Knight
    No Rest for the Wicked by Kresley Cole
    Rainbow by Patrica Potter (OOP)
    Tempting the Devil by Patrica Potter
    Texas Bad Boys by Dianne Castell, Karen Kelley, Rosemary Laurey
    Penance by Lorie O'Clare
    The Christmas Heiress by Adrienne Basso (read)
    Colters’ Woman by Maya Banks (read)
    Mr. and Mistress by Heidi Betts
    Beyond a Shadow by Alison Kent
    Hot Nights by Shannon McKenna
    Sacred Places by Mandy M. Roth
    A Reason to Live by Maureen McKade (read)
    Captive Dreams by Angela Knight and Diane Whiteside
    Devil's Lady by Patrica Rice (OOP)
    It Had to be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
    Step Into Darkness by Naomi Bellis
    Take Me by Lucy Monroe
    Bond of Blood by Diane Whiteside
    I'm in No Mood For Love by Rachel Gibson

    hmmmm I am missing something... I need to check the office in the morning... anyway with luck my migraine will still be mia tomorrow and I can finish up The Cop and Hard Evidence. As painful as migraines can be it really really sucks that it makes reading hard (to impossible) and completely kills the joy in playing on the internet.

    I am thinking I need a few audio books (but that would be another post *g*)

    And there will be a return of the 'Ebuzz' as well as guest Ebuzz. As well as a print review or two. I am so thinking of taking my phone off the hook. Does it make sense to invite someone who spent over three hours in a dr office trying to kill a week long migraine - to go drink? I mean really... can ya guess what the answer was?

    Speaking of dr, migraines and such... anyone taking Lyrica? It is an Anticonvulsant (same family as the evol topamax and neurontin - been on both). I am looking for info on side effects. Topamax is a bitch to take. Neurontin was cake but didn't do shit. hmmm I should look up how to spell these since I am just guessing.


    Heathers
    most likely screwing with someone's copywrite somewhere... feel free to complain to whoever owns that site...

    Who knows maybe tomorrow I will do a post that makes sense, hey you never know...

    Labels: , , ,

    4 Comments:
    1. Sorry, I'm slowly going through your post and am I reading this correctly? You have No Rest For The Wicked by Cole in your possession? I'm so frickin' green with envy right now!

      Okay, off to read the rest of post.

      cindy

      By Blogger CindyS, at 10/06/2006 04:28:00 AM  

    2. Ohhh...I was so frigging obsessed with Heathers in high school. Slater was never so hot again in his life--oh, JD.... (mumbles incoherently, wanders off)...

      By Blogger Stacia, at 10/06/2006 06:34:00 AM  

    3. Yikes, somehow I got this whole thing started??

      By Blogger Tara Marie, at 10/06/2006 09:21:00 AM  

    4. "Before you met me, you were a brownie, you were a blue bird, you were a girl scout cookie..."

      You got the rest of my favorites in there.

      Most quotable movie evah.

      By Blogger Devon, at 10/06/2006 09:27:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home