My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    3/30/2006
    Because one can never have too many Devil in Winter posts
    sez I, sorry wendy ;)

    8 DEVIL IN WINTER, by Lisa Kleypas. (Avon, $7.50.) To escape her unscrupulous relatives, Evie Jenner proposes marriage to a notorious libertine.

    Have I said lately how much I loved this book? No?

    ohhh I must do that... sound like way more fun than cover letters. Have I said how much I HATE doing cover letters? And my resume, not on the disk I thought. sucks

    But I did find a copy of the one before on a disk and a hard copy so it was easy enough to update.

    With that I leave you with one of my fave scenes in DiW... takes place right after they tie the knot in GG.
    St. Vincent began on the front fastenings of her gown. "Are we going to..." he repeated, and followed her gaze to the bed. "Good God, no." His fingers moved rapidly along her bodice, freeing the row of buttons. "Delectable as you are, my love, I'm too tired. I've never said this in my entire life-but at the moment I would much rather sleep than fuck."

    Overwhelmed with relief, Evie let out an unsteady sigh. She was forced to clutch at him for balance as he pushed the loosened gown down over her hips. "I don't like that word," she said in a muffled voice.

    "Well, you had better get used to it," came his caustic reply. "That word is said frequently at your father’s club. God knows how you managed to escape hearing it before."

    "I did," she said indignantly, stepping out of the discarded gown. "I just didn't know what it meant until now."

    St. Vincent bent to untie her shoes, his broad shoulders quivering. A curious gasping, choking noise came from him. At first Evie wondered anxiously if he had suddenly been taken ill, and then she realized that he was laughing. It was the first genuine laughter she had ever heard from him, and she had no idea what he found so funny. Standing over him in her chemise and drawers, she crossed her arms over her front and frowned.

    Still snorting with quiet amusement, St. Vincent removed her shoes one at a time, tossing them aside. Her stockings were rolled down her legs with swift efficiency. "Take your bath, pet," he finally managed to say. "You're safe from me tonight. I may look, but I won't touch. Go on."

    Really I have no clue why but this just makes me giggle every time I read it. I love the dialogue between Sebastian and Evie. And I love how matter of fact he is about everything. Just so in your face and unapologetic.

    le sigh...

    August 1.... Scandal in Spring not sure if I want this to come out or not... I mean who knows when we will get the next Kleypas historical. So I shall not start counting down yet ;)
    3 Comments:
    1. I read Westcliff and Whatsherface's story today, the Autumn one. Loved it. Wasn't Sebastian a bad bugger?

      DIW was due from Amazon today, unfortunately I was out when the postman came. Godammit!

      Now I'll have to wait until Monday to go and fetch it from the post office!

      By Blogger Karen Scott, at 4/01/2006 02:46:00 PM  

    2. Sebastian was delightfully bad. And I am so sorry you have to wait! I can't wait to hear what you think. People seem to love it or hate it.

      So do post after you read!

      By Blogger sybil, at 4/01/2006 05:32:00 PM  

    3. that's it! I'm fed up with waiting for the stocks to arrive in local stores. Off to Amazon to order right away ... and I'm still waiting for my last order to arrive .:(((

      Have mercy on an impatient fan, ladies.

      By Blogger ag, at 4/03/2006 11:34:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home