My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    4/05/2006
    Publisher Fairies
    I do so loveses them, although I still want P. Devi's. BTW where the hell be P?

    NEW books!!! Click the saint... more rambling and a sqqqquuueee or tWo


    Bantam Dell are wonderful publishers that I currently lurve. Yes my lurve can be bought it seems well at least until I read the book and decide if I like it. Hmmm but then I would still lurve the publisher for sending it, does that make me cheap?

    Brokenby Kelley Armstrong, the author with one of the bestest websites evah.

    looks good... I hadn't read too much about it since I really wanted the next Elena book. But I did notice her next book wasn't paranormal but looked like a thriller. Yes I know I bitch about too many paranormals but uh... I don't want Kelley jumping! But she explains here that Exit Strategy isn't a replacement for The Otherworld.

    And she is so great, I just might buy my first thriller in forever. The author sez the main charcter as:
    "I'm a contract Mafia hitman. Hitwoman sounds ridiculous and the gender-free assassin is far too fussy. Hitman is fine. A plain, ugly word for a plain, ugly job."

    And I mean great as in read the post. Very fan positive... I guess it is the feeling you get. No Robin-omg-romance-is-smut-I-R-so-ashamed-of-what-I-did-don't-Lee-buy-my-romance-books-Hatcherish at all. And just look at that DISCUSSION board she hosts on her site. Very cool. Hell the woman has fanfiction posted there (not that I get reading fanfic about a book but hey I loved x-files fic so whatever).

    I just fell a lil more in lurve. Hope Broken doesn't suck...

    moving on

    AVON

    WoOT! yesterday before heading off to pick up my lil sis and while on the phone getting really really shitty news... the doorbell rings - UPS!

    ::close your eyes cw:: Yeah, yeah, I know the quote is evol. Honestly I thought it was funny. If she had said this is the best book ever or something uh untrue I might be more willing to boil her in oil. But as I like most of the MacGregor books, I really wanted this.

    WoOT! sorry CW... if you are lucky I will love it and keep it forever and ever ;). But it is really more fantasy so you really could bitch about it not being right historywise.

    ::dreaming of books to add to cw's growing pile to be mailed::



    Dates from Hell by Kim Harrison, Lynsay Sands, Kelley Armstrong and Lori Handeland

    sssssssqqqqqqquuuuuueeeeeeeeeee

    so far I am not liking the Harrison much, a prequel to Dead Witch Walking. But I am only a few pages into it. I won't not read anything new until my reviews sent in or blogged. The list is fucking huge but I had to wait in the car for lil sis to get out of school.

    Yes that is prolly cheating...

    anyway it was too hot to read and my mom kept calling so I am only like on page 11, this will be the first vampy story I read of Sands and well see above for Armstrong thoughts and Lori Handeland I keep collecting but hell if I can remember reading one yet.

    Oh avon fairy where oh where were you when I needed Devil in Winter? And do you take requests?

    I need these:


    yes I am a greedy lil ho... please get in touch with the first look fairy and tell him/her to not be mean to me anymore. As he/she very rudely didn't pick me to send Parlor Games to. And feel free to pass on my address to St. Martin's or Berkley fairies. please and thank you
    3 Comments:
    1. Honestly I thought it was funny.

      I thought the cover quote was funny, myself. But to be honest, I've never taken cover quotes all that seriously anyway.

      By Blogger Alyssa, at 4/05/2006 09:45:00 PM  

    2. How do you get free books? Is it the AAR reviewing? Gosh, I doubt Avon would look at me twice now...lol...

      By Blogger romancelover, at 4/06/2006 01:53:00 PM  

    3. No these were from the publisher. Probably a contest or something? No clue... I didn't register for first look, which you could go do ;).

      But this wasn't through that. Who knows, but I doubt it will happen again.

      By Blogger sybil, at 4/06/2006 03:23:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home