My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    5/18/2006
    Buried Treasure: Adrienne Basso

    Adrienne Basso...
    I have planned to blog about Basso again for a while and post a review of one of her older titles. Since I am currently working on some newer titles and Avid Reader recently posted a BT blog, I figure this was as good a time as any to blog about Basso.

    The first novel I picked up by Adrienne Basso was an impulse buy. I saw The Wedding Deception at wally world and thought, omg, an author I have never heard of.

    I picked it up and did what I do with most new to me authors, flipped the book to a random page and started reading. The story was a brought together because the twin married in the other twins name tale. Not my favorite of plots.

    The the writing was engaging and I bought it. Then proceeded to buy up the backlist.

    Most of her plots have a been there done that feel to them but there is something different to them that makes them stand out. To Wed a Viscount and To Protect an Heiress are to of my faves.

    Well at least of the ones I have read so far. I have most of her backlist, save Sweet Sensations and A Night to Remember and out of all of the ones I have read there has only been one I didn't like.

    If I remember correctly the one I didn't enjoy was His Wicked Embrace, but for some reason don't have it written down and still have the book. So I guess that calls for a reread.


    Her next book is a Christmas tale, The Christmas Heiress and will be release in Oct 2006. I asked her what it was about and she shared:
    This is my first attempt at a holiday story and I really had fun working on it. I've also switched time periods for this one - instead of my usual Regency era, this book is set in Victorian England.

    She explained her move to a Victorian setting had to do with:
    I decided to do this novel in the Victorian era when I started doing a bit of research - the Victorians originated many of the holiday traditions we still embrace - such as Christmas trees, sending Christmas cards, decorating the house, and making the holiday more of a celebration which included all members of the family, especially the children.


    Should be interesting...
    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home