My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    5/28/2006
    Fi's EBUZZ: Voyeur by Shiloh Walker
    ***read for Angiew TBR challenge
    Title: Voyeur
    Author: Shiloh Walker
    Year published: 2003
    Why did you get this book?: I picked up this book because it was recommended by Valeen at Turn Another Page. This was also my first purchase from Ellora's Cave.
    Do you like the cover?: Not really. The girl in the middle looks hot/satisfied, but the hair on all three... yuck.
    Did you enjoy the book?: Yes I did. I am new to erotica and still tend to blush as I read it, but it was good.
    Was the author new to you and would you read something by this author again? Yes, I had heard of Shiloh Walker before but had never read her. Yes, I would buy/read her again, as a matter of fact; I have already bought Declan and Tori from The Hunter Series.
    Are you keeping it or passing it on? Well, it's an eBook, so I'm not supposed to pass it on, right? I am going to recommend people to buy it.


    summary here
    Kye wanted to give Ashlyn a fantasy. And did he ever give her one. One night, Kye and his best friend Connor took Ashlyn to bed, and gave her a night she would never forget.

    Three years later, they gave her another night.

    But it would be the last one.

    Because Kye is just a ghost this time and he came back just to tell his wife goodbye.


    Fi's Ebuzz
    The book opens with a really hot scene between Kye and Ashlyn which establishes how solid their relationship is and how they feel about each other. There is much love emanating from this pair.


    Also, Kye, in thoughts to himself, shares why he would like to have a threesome with his wife. At this point, I wasn't yet convinced, but the way Connor was introduced to Ashlyn had me leaning forward going, "Yeah, do it, kiss him!"


    The evening with Kye and Connor is too intense for words. However, it is very exhausting to read... and long. I was so tired two-thirds of the way through even I wanted it to end.


    At this point I didn't know where the story was going to go. I didn't even really know where the story was. So far it had just been sex, after sex, after sex, but Walker pulled it off.


    Kye is killed when he is struck by a car as a pedestrian and Ashlyn is devastated. Walker did a good job of channeling the intense feelings from the sex to the intense emotions of Ashlyn's grief. My god, even I cried as she wept uncontrollably for the loss of her husband. And reenters Connor. How on earth was she going to make this happen without him coming off as sleazy?


    Connor is such a character. First he agrees to have sex with his best friend's wife and then he falls in love with her! Knowing how hostile the situation is, Connor removes himself but ultimately is reunited with Ashlyn after Kye's death. Being a great guy, Connor continues to love Ashlyn from afar as she grieves for Kye; no pushing her, no moving too fast, just friends, a shoulder to cry on.


    How will these two ever get together? Will Ashlyn ever be over Kye enough to accept Connor?


    What made this book was the love story between Kye and Ashlyn. Walker did a great job of showing how much Kye and Ashlyn cared for each other. The intense love made the grief feel all that more real. It was short, but painful and angst ridden and completely wonderful. The one thing I don't like is that Kye's death is given away in the book blurb. Many other things could have been said, keeping that point a secret for the reader.
    Grade: A
    Reading next: Declan and Tori: First in The Hunters Series by Shiloh Walker


    You can find Fi at Fiona's Farrage, an excerpt of the book is here and you can purchase here. Happy reading!
    7 Comments:
    1. FYI

      This is my submission for Angie's May TBR challenge.

      ...Fiona

      By Blogger Kerri Wall, at 5/28/2006 06:55:00 AM  

    2. want me to edit that and put that up there somewhere?

      By Blogger sybil, at 5/28/2006 10:28:00 AM  

    3. Great review btw! I was so going to pass on this since... oh the guy is DEAD! Call me crazy but unless the man is a vamp, I like my romance hero's with a pulse.

      But you have made me want to read this. So I shall hunt you down if it sucks or makes me cry *g*

      By Blogger sybil, at 5/28/2006 10:30:00 AM  

    4. LOL Sybil.

      Yeah, if you would put that up there that would be great!

      It would be really hard to choose between Kye and Connor.

      ...Fi

      By Blogger Kerri Wall, at 5/28/2006 05:00:00 PM  

    5. snort.... no, Fiona, I didn't put a corpse in the bed with them.

      If you wanna know what THAT means, you'll just have to read it.

      Fi, I'm glad you liked it.

      By Blogger Shiloh Walker, at 5/29/2006 04:20:00 AM  

    6. Woohoo! You read it. I'm glad you liked it too. I bought the next in this series, where Kye shows up again.

      I was actual lucky enough that I didn't read the back blurb before reading the book - so I was completely shocked when I turned the page and he'd been killed. Total hand over mouth gasp moment.

      By Blogger Valeen, at 5/29/2006 12:14:00 PM  

    7. Ooooooh Valeen, I bet that did make it a shocking moment!

      Hey, not fair! I got snorted at instead of Sybil! *pouting*

      ...Fi

      By Blogger Kerri Wall, at 5/29/2006 06:23:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home