My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    7/12/2006
    Is it Aug yet?
    August 1.... Scandal in Spring


    excerpt I have read repeatedly is here


    Is it just me, or are those trailers really boring and soapy? I kept waiting for an hourglass to appear...


    And what's up with the price of Sugar Daddy? I soooooooo hope Lisa Kleypas St. Martin's Press contract isn't for trade or hardback cuz that would blow.


    I have to admit I am more excited about Cam's book, A Man for All Seasons but that could due to the excerpt having Sebastian in it.


    and on that note:

    Have I said lately how much I loved this book? No?

    With that I leave you with one of my fave scenes in DiW... takes place right after they tie the knot in GG.
    St. Vincent began on the front fastenings of her gown. "Are we going to..." he repeated, and followed her gaze to the bed. "Good God, no." His fingers moved rapidly along her bodice, freeing the row of buttons. "Delectable as you are, my love, I'm too tired. I've never said this in my entire life-but at the moment I would much rather sleep than fuck."

    Overwhelmed with relief, Evie let out an unsteady sigh. She was forced to clutch at him for balance as he pushed the loosened gown down over her hips. "I don't like that word," she said in a muffled voice.

    "Well, you had better get used to it," came his caustic reply. "That word is said frequently at your father’s club. God knows how you managed to escape hearing it before."

    "I did," she said indignantly, stepping out of the discarded gown. "I just didn't know what it meant until now."

    St. Vincent bent to untie her shoes, his broad shoulders quivering. A curious gasping, choking noise came from him. At first Evie wondered anxiously if he had suddenly been taken ill, and then she realized that he was laughing. It was the first genuine laughter she had ever heard from him, and she had no idea what he found so funny. Standing over him in her chemise and drawers, she crossed her arms over her front and frowned.

    Still snorting with quiet amusement, St. Vincent removed her shoes one at a time, tossing them aside. Her stockings were rolled down her legs with swift efficiency. "Take your bath, pet," he finally managed to say. "You're safe from me tonight. I may look, but I won't touch. Go on."
    8 Comments:
    1. I think I'm one of the few who is only meh about this one. Now Cam on the other hand is a different story!
      And it looks like Sugar Daddy is a hard cover - darn!!!

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 7/04/2006 08:29:00 PM  

    2. I'm ready for it. I'm very curious to see how well she does with it. I didn't really care for Secrets of a Summer Night, but I loved DIW, so I'm axious to see how SiS turns out.

      I want Cam's book, though. I'd almost rather it came out first. LOL

      By Blogger Holly, at 7/12/2006 08:59:00 AM  

    3. The trailers? WEIRD.

      Those had to have cost a fair amount of money--but it's a back cover blurb again. If you're already at the apge, woudn't you have already read the back cover blurb AND the exerpt? I'm not getting the point of the trailer at all.

      Only have read DIW, suppose I should go find Secrets of a Summer Night on paperbackbookswap, eh?

      By Blogger Suisan, at 7/12/2006 09:27:00 AM  

    4. Suisan...I suppose for the sake of the series, but I was very UNimpressed with it. Of course, I'm overly picky. ;)

      By Blogger Holly, at 7/12/2006 01:15:00 PM  

    5. Lord, they look like a feminine hygiene ad.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/12/2006 04:01:00 PM  

    6. I have watched many trailers, really just one other that Dawson did for her upcoming book. It was cute but still trailers for books sort of go over my head.

      This suck though and I bet were costly.

      LOL jane I like the covers *g*

      By Blogger sybil, at 7/13/2006 12:28:00 AM  

    7. I'm really excited for Scandal in Spring. He sounds like he might be a bit different. I'm so underwhelmed by everything lately, that I'm really looking forward to this.

      By Blogger Devon, at 7/13/2006 08:22:00 AM  

    8. Yo I liked Devil in Winter *g*. I hope Scandal is good but I soooooooo want Cam's book.

      By Blogger sybil, at 7/13/2006 08:44:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home