My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    7/07/2006
    Something to be said for trying too hard?

    There are tons of blogs and reviews sites that have an 'edge' or a snark about them. They range from funny to ugly, to over the top or amusing.

    I can only think of one that has authors reviewing honestly, something I can totally understand. Do I agree with the fact that most authors and or editors start censoring themselves when they become such, no I think it sucks.

    But I understand it and respect it. And hell we would all be stupid to not assume there are 'reader' blogs or message board groupies that are fake names for authors. So in theory something like Literary Sass should be just another review blog.

    But it seems to be trying to hard to be in your face, honest, we don't give a fuck what you think, let me tell you one more time how much I don't give a fuck about your opinion, wait come back I want to tell you I don't give a fuck!

    If I wrote, I wouldn't need to suck it up to send them books. I can't see why I would care what other writers, hiding behind fake names telling me they are two-faced whores would think of my shit. Of course I am not a writer. So I don't think my opinion matters. Who knows maybe they are the bestest evah and I just don't get it.

    The shot glass rating is funny.

    Labels: ,

    3 Comments:
    1. LOL! Syb, you crack me up! tee hee

      So, what are you saying, exactly?

      lol

      By Blogger Holly, at 7/07/2006 02:54:00 PM  

    2. Hmmm. I can't say if it would bother me or not, but honestly, while I'm dying to have Mrs. Giggles review something of mine, I probably wouldn't send anything to that site (although never say never).

      I want honest reviews, not reviews determined to be nasty because that's the reviewer's schtik. Just like I am not a fan of those sites that are bound and determined to give everything a good review. C'mon folks. There's a LOT of crap out there, and it's irritating to read something that you honestly believe only a mother could love and then read its fantastic reviews (and I'm ot talking a matter of personal taste here. Some things are just BAD, and we all know it.) Let's be honest when reviewing, because if you're not, you're no use to anyone.

      By Blogger Stacia, at 7/07/2006 06:04:00 PM  

    3. I totally agree with you. I believe in being honest all the time on our site. If I don't like your book, you'll be the first to know.

      I think some take it too far, though. But that's just my opinion.

      By Blogger Holly, at 7/08/2006 01:01:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home