My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    8/20/2006
    Gabriel's Woman

    I had forgotten that Gabriel's Woman had a hero who had sex with men (years before meeting the heroine).

    Mrs. Giggle reminded me.

    I wasn't around romanceland when this book came out, did people flip out about it like they are with Anne Stuart's book?
    2 Comments:
    1. Not that I recall.

      I think the perceived problem is that now "that nasty sex stuff" is spilling over onto "mainstream books." Sure, Schone is "mainstream" but romance readers KNOW she writes the hot stuff. Anne Stuart was never known for writing erotic romance, nor did she launch her career as such.

      Also, the political climate has a lot to do with it me thinks. When the gov't has nothing better to do than harp on gays getting married (hello?! Remember New Orleans? Anybody? How about them?) it spills over into mainstream consciousness.

      But I could be talking out of my ass again. It's very early in the morning and I haven't had my caffeine yet.

      By Blogger Wendy, at 8/20/2006 09:31:00 AM  

    2. GW's did have a hero who was raped and THEN became a male prostitute, but she also wrote a book, The Lady's Tutor, that was less than favorable to gays ... however unintentionally I think as she's staunchly and vocally liberal about letting people "love as they wilt".

      Although Schone's books are the ones that brought me into the world of "romantica/erotica", and for her stories it worked fine for me, I'm just that into reading m/m slash poly romance.

      But whatever floats your boat I guess.

      ::shrug::

      By Blogger Unknown, at 8/21/2006 11:03:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home