My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    8/17/2006
    Thanks but no thanks
    Sybil has said all she plans to say about poor monica.


    Really feel no need to try and reason with the unreasonable on my account. It just seems to have been a year so I guess it was about that time.


    I am not a romance site. I am a reader blog. But even romance sites have no need to include every book. If you find a book to read because of my blog, great. If you have a difference of opinion than me, great. If you want to talk about something I post, great. Or not... whatever is clever.


    People can like it or not. People can link to me or not. If monica jackson can get a lil feel good out of taking a dig at me, let her.
    4 Comments:
    1. I think I know if I remember correctly ;)

      But it was a fucking year ago... so I forget for sure.

      I don't recall how I found it. I think an email.

      By Blogger sybil, at 8/18/2006 02:04:00 AM  

    2. Oooh I remember reading all those comments a year ago. Doesn't time fly...

      By Blogger Karen Scott, at 8/18/2006 04:02:00 AM  

    3. Sybil, I honestly don't understand why white folks have a STROKE if anything is even hinted about race.

      I wasn't setting out to get at you personally.

      You wrote something (I got a real good memory), it was concrete, and it gave me a chance to respond. My response wasn't personal. You were an example. There are a lot of white people out there who feel just like you.

      Sybil, I know you don't care about this or want to hear anything I have to say, and that's fine, but somebody else might so please bear with me.

      Instead of getting defensive when someone alludes that they perceive they're being treated differently because of their race (this is how I define the R word, but it's unwieldy to type it all out), why not simply ask why if that person is at all reasonable?

      And then listen.

      Some people don't see the R word as an attack, but a reality.

      How is somebody going to know if they're R otherwise? You aren't going to think you're R. Your family and friends aren't going to think it. It's those "other" folks who will think it about you. But most people aren't consciously hateful and don't want to hurt people.

      So why not ask why and listen to how those "other" people might feel hurt by your actions? That will give you a chance to say how you feel too.

      What's so hard and wrong about doing that?

      Without dialogue and communication, nothing is going to ever change.

      Y'all have to realize that sometimes when the question is being raised, the example made or the point made, it's an attempt to communicate, not attack.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/18/2006 08:27:00 AM  

    4. Monica,

      You need to understand I don't care about you.

      It has nothing to do with your color it has to do with you.

      I don't care if your feelings are hurt or why. I don't care, don't care, don't care.

      I didn't care once you started to randomly attack people and then sit back blinking going gosh why are you being so mean to me.

      I have no clue why people sit there and try and debate with you regarding their own actions. Who the hell do you think you are? Why do you think you matter in the grand scheme of things? You are black so I need to treat you with kid gloves and justify myself to you?

      Sorry honey I don't. I don't have to debate with you so you can validate me and pat me on the head and give me a sign saying I am an ok person. I don't need to give you a list of books, authors and or their race for you to go oooooohhhhhhhh sorry I misunderstood or you can say nope regardless of what you say I oh great monica know how you really feel.

      So take your holier than thou attitude and go away. You can sit on your blog and say I do whatever the hell you want, as loud as you want, as often as you want - and it still will not make it so.

      Forgive me if I don't give a fuck.

      By Blogger sybil, at 8/18/2006 09:28:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home