My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    8/10/2006
    Vamps, Scamps and Bad Boys
    [click the question to see answer]

    We will start easy, what is your latest or upcoming Brava Bad Boy title?
    {Erin McCarthy:} Bad Boys of Summer, out in June 2006, with Lori Foster and Amy Garvey. It has a great cover, some kites, guy lounging, a little chest hair… very nice. :)


    I am not familiar with how anthologies get put together. Did you write the story to fit the 'bad boy' title or did your story get submitted and just happen to work into the 'bad boy' book?
    {Erin McCarthy:} For me, it’s been both. With Bad Boys Online, the story “Hard Drive” came first, then the title was created to fit it.


    In Bad Boys In Black Tie, the title came first, than all three authors worked the concept of a tuxedo into the story. Others, like When Good Things Happen To Bad Boys, were written way ahead of the title and were just placed where they fit in the schedule.


    Do you read the finished book and is it hard to go back and read your own work after it is published? What bad boy tale would you recommend?
    {Erin McCarthy:} I don’t read my stuff right away, but a year later I might pick it up and flip through it. I don’t think I ever sit down and read it start to finish in print form after I proof the galleys.


    Bad Boys recommendations… I loved Lori Foster’s stories about the 3 girlfriends (I think in I Brake For Bad Boys and Bad Boys On Board), loved Lucy Monroe’s 3 Brides for 3 Bad Boys.


    If you could write/sell anything... any genre, any setting, any plot, what would it be? Have you already written it?
    {Erin McCarthy:} Right now, I’m pretty content… I’m writing humorous romance, dark paranormal romance, and YA. I spent the last year branching out into the darker stories and the YA stuff and it’s been a blast. Didn’t know I had such a dark side.


    What's Next? We are book whores give us names, dates and summaries!


    You can find interviews here, here and here. Or do you have a question? Ask away...
    3 Comments:
    1. I love those covers! How much input do you have on your covers?

      By Blogger Jennifer Y., at 8/10/2006 01:13:00 PM  

    2. Erin, what doesn't interest you about writing? What types of stories will we never see from you?

      By Blogger Stacy~, at 8/10/2006 05:49:00 PM  

    3. I think Erin's books would make fun movies.

      By Blogger Jennifer Y., at 8/11/2006 12:15:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home