My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    9/06/2006
    Close Encounters with Bad Boys


    We will start easy, what is your latest or upcoming Brava Bad Boy title?

    Texas Bad Boys


    How do you as an author define a bad boy?

    I think there are different degrees of Bad Boys to choose from, isn't it a good thing because we can enjoy them all!

    I guess for me it would be the one who lives by his own standards, his own rules. In my story in Texas Bad Boys, Nina is a freelance photographer and she needs a sexy centerfold. Lance has his own set of standards and turns the tables on her--using her own camera!



    I am not familiar with how anthologies get put together. Did you write the story to fit the 'bad boy' title or did your story get submitted and just happen to work into the 'bad boy' book?

    We came up with the idea and presented it to our editor.


    Do you read the finished book and is it hard to go back and read your own work after it is published?

    I don't go back and read any of my books. I'm a layer writer so by the time I finish a book I've read it a gazillion times--or so it seems.

    Then the copy edits and galleys come in and I read it two more times.



    If you could write/sell anything... any genre, any setting, any plot, what would it be? Have you already written it?

    I love paranormal, aliens--anything that's a bit odd.

    For my 2007 releases one has an alien and two have ghosts. I'm lucky to have Kate Duffy as an editor. She encourages me to grow as a writer. You certainly can't beat that.

    What's Next? We are book whores give us names, dates and summaries! We have lists to make :).

    Close Encounters of the Sexy Kind is my next release and it will be out April 2007.

    It's about an alien, Mala, who lives on the perfect planet but when she watches a documentary (Debbie Does The Sheriff) that her interplanetary traveling grandmother had stashed away, she knows she has to go in search of this
    Sheriff. She doesn't find that sheriff but she finds A sheriff. It a very sexy, steamy comedy.

    I've pulled out all the stops so I'm anxious to hear what everyone thinks.
    11 Comments:
    1. Hi Karen

      Do you find it more of a challenge writing anthologies than single books or do they both bring their own seperate challenges?

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/06/2006 04:31:00 PM  

    2. Great questions and answers...I am really looking forward to Close Encounters of the Sexy Kind.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/06/2006 05:26:00 PM  

    3. Karen, the cover for Close Encounters of the Sexy Kind is HOT! I can't wait to check it out.

      Diana

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/06/2006 05:43:00 PM  

    4. really enjoyed Bad Boys With Expensive Toys


      caity_mack@yahoo.com

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/06/2006 06:06:00 PM  

    5. Close Encounters of the Sexy Kind sounds great and I love the cover! Can't wait till it is released!

      By Blogger Unknown, at 9/06/2006 06:47:00 PM  

    6. Hey that is such an awesome cover Karen! The premise sounds hot - can't wait to get my hands on that one. What would you say is so different about this one, other than being about "aliens"? LOL

      By Blogger Stacy~, at 9/06/2006 08:31:00 PM  

    7. Ooohhh - what a great cover on Close Encounters of the Sexy Kind! And I love those kinds of stories - with aliens and the like. It sounds good!
      I've been interested in getting Hell on Wheels ever since Sybil posted about it months ago. But then when it came out, it was in trade size. We are talking $20 here in Canada. Any idea when it might be out in MM size??

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 9/06/2006 09:30:00 PM  

    8. Great answers, Karen!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/06/2006 09:33:00 PM  

    9. HI!
      I love the cover of Close Encounters of the Sexy Kind. Is it hot or what?!?

      What's different about CEOTSK? I turned up the heat and the comedy. I hope it's a winning combination--we'll see LOL

      I think any book can be hard to write. I can't do a lot of pre-plotting. The comedy and the heat have to come naturally. What I do is a brief synopsis and make sure I have the characters goal, motivation and conflict, black moment and resolution.

      The best thing about writing is the good feedback. I do read my reviews and I try to learn and grow from them.

      No idea on mm. I've only had one go mm and that was Southern Comfort. I hear you on the price though.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/06/2006 10:26:00 PM  

    10. I love your use of humor and hot/steamy. It is a great combo and I think what makes your books fun to read.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/06/2006 10:55:00 PM  

    11. I love both covers! TOo I've read many of the Bad Boys anthologies and I like them becuase of picking up a quick hot story!

      Is the book, Close Encounters Of THe Sexy Kind a start of a paranormal series, in other works, will there be more books with this theme?
      (Sorry I post i t below too! Blogger is being mean today! Cathie)

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/07/2006 12:49:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home