My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    9/05/2006
    ***RELEASED TODAY*** Lover Awakened ***RELEASED TODAY*** THE SPOILER ZONE
    HERE BE SPOILERS HERE BE SPOILERS HERE BE SPOILERSTHIS IS THE ONLY THREAD YOU CAN TALK ABOUT LOVER AWAKENED SPOILERISH THINGS

    IF YOU WANT

    DO NOT ENTER IF YOU HAVEN'T READ AND DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED

    YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

    I have no clue if JR Ward will check this thread. But you are welcome to try to ask spoilerish questions here. And only here. Good Luck ;)

    Lover Awakened Summary
    In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly war raging between vampires and their slayers. And there exists a secret band of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Of these, Zsadist is the most terrifying member of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

    A former blood slave, the vampire Zsadist still bears the scars from a past filled with suffering and humiliation. Renowned for his unquenchable fury and sinister deeds, he is a savage feared by humans and vampires alike. Anger is his only companion, and terror is his only passion-until he rescues a beautiful aristocrat from the evil Lessening Society.

    Bella is instantly entranced by the seething power Zsadist possesses. But even as their desire for one another begins to overtake them both, Zsadist's thirst for vengeance against Bella's tormentors drives him to the brink of madness. Now, Bella must help her lover overcome the wounds of his tortured past, and find a future with her....


    [note: beta blogger is being goofy if you have issues posting use the option 'other' and type in your name... if you use anon, make sure you type your name in the post]
    5 Comments:
    1. I'm trying not to ask a spoiler-ish question but I don't want anyone to figure some stuff out soooo.

      At the end of the story there are some time lines that pop up. I was wondering if the next book will start at the end of the timeline we saw at the end of Z's book or if that was an epilogue and separate from the rest of the brothers?

      By the way, I absolutely loved this book. For me there was not one wrong note and I am now suffering the great book blues (I get weepy) ;(

      My only beef is it is hard to read about the two characters you want to read about the most and then have the scene switch out to other characters but that's my own hangup.

      Z is my new favourite hero of all time! Damn, I just loved all of it because you showed how he became nothing but a shell of a man to opening up to touch and emotion. It was a step by step healing process and I had many moments where I cried.

      Oh and now I can't wait to find out what drinking a vampire's blood will do to a person AND whether V is in love with Butch (hey, I don't mind one of the guys preferring a male. I wonder if that is frowned upon in their society)

      Also, I don't know if I was the only person who didn't have a clue that two different characters were actually one. I was shocked to say the least and it's hard to surprise me.

      Anyway. SQUEEEEEEEEEE!

      You are an auto-buy author and I can't wait to see what will happen next but I guess I gonna have to ;)

      CindyS

      By Blogger CindyS, at 9/05/2006 07:31:00 AM  

    2. I loved it, loved it, loved it. It was dark, but Zsadist is a dark character, and I appreciate that you didn't go easy on us. I always bitch about how much I hate when tortured heroes turn all soft and gooey and happy, like overnight. But for Z it was a slow journey, he made missteps and he still has a long way to go. I loved that he just has no idea how to behave normally. He was very endearing (in a strange way) and I was very happy at the end. It was really satisfying.

      Now about this Rehvenge fella, of whom I can't wait to read more. What's his deal? Why does he have to take dopamine? I'm not sure if I'm getting it right.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/05/2006 07:57:00 AM  

    3. ohhhh glad you two have read it and liked it!

      happy sigh... I think this is my favorite. I can't ever make up my mind and whatever one I am rereading at the time becomes my fave.

      By Blogger sybil, at 9/05/2006 10:10:00 AM  

    4. Yeah what's up with the rehv? And what up with him Plury. you know the scene I am asking about.

      By Blogger Pamk, at 9/05/2006 02:12:00 PM  

    5. I was wondering the same thing... This book is my favorite, now. LE was my favorite after I read it, and now LA is. These books just get better and better. J.R., you rock! ;-) I can't wait for the next book.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/05/2006 08:18:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home