My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    10/15/2006
    Who Am I?
    A book... not me... it is too early for any post that deep in thought *g*

    More about the book found here and here.

    I can't believe it hasn't been found... I am really thinking it is a mix of books but sadly it sounds soooooooo like a book I have read, I just don't know.

    this was posted at the Reader to Reader board by lgs and I KNOW I have read it but can't figure it out.
    The H & h marry in a marriage of convienance. Can't remember the circumstances. She is clumsy & he is uptight. She comes to see him in his study & this irritates him. She gives him two big clumsy dogs. He does not like them because when he was a child, his father made him kill his dog because it got hurt or something. Anyway, she helps orphans & he does not like this at first because it is not seemly for a Lady to go to places like that. He follows her one day because he thinks she is cheating on him or something like that. And then he eats dinner with them all.

    Set in regency time.

    Labels:

    16 Comments:
    1. oooh, what's bad is that *I* have read this book. But it's been years. I remember the thing with the orphans and then eating dinner. Grr.

      By Blogger Angela James, at 10/13/2006 08:04:00 AM  

    2. I know I've read this one too - but the name of it escapes me completely.

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 10/13/2006 09:43:00 AM  

    3. Ditto, I've definitely read it, too. The dog thing is sooooo familiar!

      By Blogger Rosario, at 10/13/2006 09:57:00 AM  

    4. This sounds like a Katie MacAlister but I have no idea which one. Yet another one to add to my find list . . . gee, thanks, Sybil. ;p

      By Blogger Bev (BB), at 10/13/2006 12:38:00 PM  

    5. She said it isn't Noble Intentions by Katie MacAlister.

      Was that what you were thinking?

      By Blogger sybil, at 10/13/2006 12:40:00 PM  

    6. It almost sounds like Married to the Viscount by Sabrina Jeffries.

      Now this is going to bug me...it sounds so familiar.

      By Blogger Dev, at 10/13/2006 12:59:00 PM  

    7. I thought it sounded like Sabrina as well but I was thinking Dance of Seduction.

      I emailed her and she said no, not hers. I am beginning to wonder if it is a mix of books.

      Hunter's The Sinner has the hubby following the wife thinking she is cheating but she is trying to set up a boy's school.

      By Blogger sybil, at 10/13/2006 01:15:00 PM  

    8. Well, yes, no, maybe so. I don't remember Noble Intentions having orphans in it but MacAlister does do clumsy.

      You know, I tend to think this is by an author I don't read a lot, which is why the name isn't readily springing to my tongue. I'm surprised someone with Byron hasn't looked it up.

      By Blogger Bev (BB), at 10/13/2006 01:18:00 PM  

    9. Seems like I've read it as well, but nope, can't think of the title or author.

      I'll comb my bookshelves when I get home and see if I can figure it out.

      Devonna, there weren't dogs in Married to the Viscount, were there?

      By Blogger Holly, at 10/13/2006 04:41:00 PM  

    10. Holly ~ I don't think there were dogs in it ~ but the only books it seems to remind me were this one, Dance of Seduction or London's Perfect Scoundrel and I don't think it's any of these.

      By Blogger Dev, at 10/13/2006 05:04:00 PM  

    11. The dogs were mastiffs. This is driving me nuts!

      By Blogger Rosie, at 10/13/2006 11:01:00 PM  

    12. Okay, I'm thinking it's an older book called Passion's Treasure by Betrina Krahn. I think it was re-published under another name.

      Things to know.

      Passion was raised in a small town and pretty much runs amok. The hero is very uptight. I think they have to get back to England by the sea. He feels that she is constantly talking about inappropriate things (fertilizer which is poo at the dinner table). He is horrid to her for most of the book but when he finally falls it was brilliant. I can't remember if there were dogs or not. I just remember how different the H/H were from each other.

      I can't seem to get onto AAR right now so maybe you could mention this one. Oh! It was republished with the title Just Say Yes in 2002


      CindyS

      By Blogger CindyS, at 10/14/2006 02:23:00 AM  

    13. Did anyone ever figure this thing out?

      Or is it two books smooshed together?

      By Blogger Suisan, at 10/16/2006 05:00:00 PM  

    14. The two dogs definitely sound like Noble Intentions. I even remember they were named Piddle and Erp. (ick).

      I'm dying here, because I remember the other book (it is two books you're describing). They end up adopting one of the the little orphan girls because he falls in love with her and can't resist her. I know it will come to me...

      By Blogger Lori, at 11/01/2006 11:26:00 PM  

    15. Wait, that sounds like Married to the Viscount, doesn't it? Darn.

      By Blogger Lori, at 11/02/2006 12:13:00 AM  

    16. Sounds like it but it isn't it. I even emailed Sabrina and asked.

      Unless the reader mixed up two different books - which is possible *g*.

      By Blogger sybil, at 11/02/2006 12:23:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home