My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    11/12/2006
    Shamelessly Reckless
    Do you remember Shameless by Karen Robards?

    If you don't it might be because it was first called Reckless... or at least that is how I recall reading about it in the Romantic Times. This is the long awaited finish to the Banning sisters trilogy. And it is... drum roll... historical! not romantic suspense. And it was set for release in April of 2006.

    And yes it hasn't been released. Sadly as of right now it has no release date other than a vague sometime in 2007. Tanzey reports:
    After last month's "Tanzey Talk" was posted and distributed, I got an e-mail from Karen Robards concerning her Regency romance, SHAMELESS, that I told you would be released the end of December 2006. Karen had this to say, "Unfortunately, SHAMELESS has been postponed until later in 2007 -- no exact date has been chosen yet. The fault is mine -- I haven't yet finished the book. I had to take a break to write OBSESSION, my latest romantic suspense, which will be out in hardcover in April 2007." As soon as Karen lets me know when it's on the schedule, I'll pass the word along to you.

    Other news I think sucks... well it would suck if I read her but since I don't I just find it annoying... looks like Christina Dodd will be the newest historical writer to 'take a break from historicals' to write paranormals. Tanzey said:
    After hearing that Christina Dodd was writing a paranormal series, in addition to her other books, I contacted her for the scoop. Here's what she told me, "I'm writing four books a year, which is ridiculous, but I wanted to write a paranormal series and the only way I could figure out to do it in a decent time was to take a break from the historicals and add an extra book. The first two books are scheduled for July and August 2007." She's just finished the first one, and claims she's having way too much fun writing them. "Mine are very hot, fun romances set in the modern world, except the heroes have a tendency to shapeshift. Because of a deal with the devil. And they, unfortunately, are the ones chosen to break it." It's a four-book series dubbed Darkness Chosen, and the first title is SCENT OF DARKNESS.
    Maybe I am the only one who hadn't heard this already. Maybe it is something in the water over at SquawkRadio. EEK! We need to get Lisa Kleypas out of there if it is!

    Labels: , ,

    2 Comments:
    1. Sad news about Robards book. I've been reading her historicals for ages and was looking forward to the latest.

      By Blogger erika, at 11/12/2006 10:07:00 PM  

    2. I haven't read any of Robards books, so can't comment on that. I am saddened at the news of Dodd taken up paranormal. I haven't read any of her historicals yet, but I'm fixing to start the Lost Heiress series.

      By Blogger Dev, at 11/13/2006 01:22:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home