My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    12/11/2006
    hitler is so 1980
    It was only a matter of time before Godwin's Law was updated. For those of you not use to flame wars and/or internet stupidity, Godwin's Law:
    As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.
    god this brings a tear to my eye... oh yes it is a single tear...


    If you are not playing the home game. Holly Lisle said something stupid, jane dared to blog her opinion about it, linking to Holly's own post, holly had kittens, jane posted regarding a demand for sorry's, hugs and air kisses, which ended with holly doing one of the worst things in online netiquette.


    The comments on holly's post are golden and filled with wisdom. My personal fave being from pugh7755, who seems to really love bloggers which is shown in his comment
    ...The more comments they receive the happier they are. A sad excuse for a life really. They are the Al Qaeda of the blog world.
    Although Diana Peterfreund's comment does run a very close second. I guess she wouldn't blink an eye if someone fell on her land and said something like... 'wow - you have a dangerous situation here and I was hurt by it. I wonder what a lawyer would say.'


    Hmmm well I guess Holly beats pugh because she links to herself, her own words and thoughts and then has no issue with blaming jane for how bookstores (not sellers because she never ever addressed people just the 'stores', we won't even get into how she thinks bricks sell books) misunderstood her post. She says in her comments
    These two somehow managed to, and have managed to piss off a number of other booksellers and a whole bunch of potential readers toward me for no reason at all.
    So I guess that means not only does holly hate chain bookstores, she thinks booksellers are too stupid to read and form an opinion but can only be spoon fed info from jane.


    Oh who knows which is the best comment... they are all comic gold. No worries you can make up your own mind. Really! I do wonder though, when the fuck did jane get all powerful and why the fuck didn't anyone tell me? I feel so out of the loop. I wonder if this has shown up on fandom wank yet.

    Labels:

    9 Comments:
    1. Who knew I was a terrorist and a liar! Or trainwrecks.net. I should go submit. LOL.

      I guess it's just the lawyer in mean that when someone else mentions lawyers and uses key phrases of the defamation law that I treat it like a serious complaint. Would she rather I not respond at all?

      Can I use my power to make my favorite authors bestsellers or Joan Wolf to write better books like she used to? Must go examine my power.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/12/2006 08:38:00 AM  

    2. Jane:
      While you're at it, get Lorraine Heath to write westerns again, Susan Wiggs to go back to historicals and get Deborah Smith a NY publishing contract. Chop Chop!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/12/2006 01:18:00 PM  

    3. Urgh. A professional writer shouldn't be claiming people didn't understand her writings. She should be able to write clearly.

      Personally, I interpreted her post to say exactly what Jane and what appears to be almost everyone else thought it said. If we all read it wrong somehow, it's the fault of the writer not the reader. If she wants to claim initially "perhaps this is an issue for lawyers to look at" she shouldn't take offense when that threat is taken seriously and claim other people are bringing lawyers into it. It's all sloppy writing. I don't read sloppy writers.

      And given that almost every writer I know has found it harder to get their books in small indie stores to begin with, whereas the chains carry them...don't tell me indies are the only good bookstores!

      By Blogger Stacia, at 12/12/2006 01:58:00 PM  

    4. Holy crap, "They are the Al Qaeda of the blog world." I refuse to chase this one any further.

      Jane--Oh powerful one while you're getting Joan Wolf to write better could you get Maggie Osborne, Marsha Canham and Lavryle Spencer to come out of retirement? Thanks.

      Tara

      PS I'm having the hardest time leaving a comment here.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/12/2006 03:22:00 PM  

    5. What does it do when you try to comment?

      le sigh... stupid beta blogger... on another note I will prolly be moving blogs soon *g*

      By Blogger sybil, at 12/12/2006 03:34:00 PM  

    6. I am going to enter my cavern to exercise my dark powers. Who knows whether it will be for good or bad. I will take everyone's requests into consideration and then see what Magic 8 ball says.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/12/2006 04:33:00 PM  

    7. Sybil:
      I had trouble commenting too, and it was the first time I've ever had issues here. Beta blogger liked me until now - darn them! It kept telling me my password was incorrect. Um, no it isn't - stupid beta blogger. And I was entertaining the notion of switching too. Not anymore!

      Tara: I forgot about Maggie Osborne! Drat. Yeah Jane, see if you can work on that too.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/12/2006 04:35:00 PM  

    8. I still can't quite figure out what has Ms. Lyles nightie in such a knot, but some of those comments truly were priceless!! Jane! From now on I'm just going to ignore your ignorance. There! That will teach you. And goodness only knows that I think it's unfair of you to live off all the misery you cause. Yep I bet Nalini Singh is cursing you now, or all the other misery you have caused by some of your A, B+, B reviews. And who'd have thought you want to obliterate me because I like Drop Dead Gorgeous and Crazy Sweet better than you and Jayne. I'd best be watching my back now I tell you!! ROTFL!!

      And Sybil your blog is giving me grief too! Isn't it great that Beta has improved things. Dang! I wish I'd switched now too

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/12/2006 07:26:00 PM  

    9. Erm , Jane, can you make Santa use the door instead of the Chimney this Christmas? The soot is hell to get off my new chinchilla rug...

      By Blogger Karen Scott, at 12/12/2006 07:26:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home