My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    12/05/2006
    So just where were you last night at midnight?
    It should shock... oh no one... that I was at Walmart (hey it isn't a evol chain).

    Oddly enough, okay you can be shocked now, I wasn't looking to fill a late night book emergency. What? Like you have never had one of those.

    No I was there for Jack. And because I am a fucking awesome sister (and after the wait the t-shirt sucked but whatever the kid is happy). So as I waited I did the only thing one should do at walmart at 11:00pm.

    Looked at books!

    I had like an hour to kill. First I put back all the books in the spots where they belong. And moved some new releases up top in the empty spots - for the love of god people but the books back where they go!

    I then picked up a couple of books I had been thinking of getting Love in a Bottle and Paula Quinn's new one (I am blanking on the title).

    And Susan Mallery's new Desire because I am her bitch and buy all her Desires and SSE. Oddly enough I haven't tried the others yet.

    So I read the first chapter of LiaB. It starts really well. We first met Sophie in the forest lusting after a fungus. And she is soon crawling in the mud to get to it... in her dress. I liked her on spot. We are introduced to Ian when Sophie spots his boots next to her fungus. His looks knocks her senseless. It really was a grand start but I hit a wall. They were very familiar with each other and I couldn't wrap my arms around it. It bothered me. So I put it back to think on later when I was like awake.

    Now I did what I normally do when thinking on a book and flipped open Quinn's book randomly. The scene is right after the hero and heroine have married and send heroine has fallen asleep on annoyed groom. The morning after amused me and the I liked the hero.

    So as my phone went off telling me it was time to go over to lane one where Jack should be showing up shortly. I threw the book who's title I can now not remember into the cart with Mallery.

    I read the first two chapters of The Unexpected Millionaire last night and the first chapter of Mustang Wild by Stacey Kayne this morning (which I really like so far). And now want to read Love in a Bottle.

    Yo ho hum...


    The lesson we learn here... next time put both books in the cart.

    Labels: , , , ,

    6 Comments:
    1. I put Mallory's Sil. Desire on my buy list after I read the excerpt on the Harlequin site. Hope its good!

      By Blogger erika, at 12/05/2006 09:05:00 PM  

    2. I do that too! Pick up a book, dither, dather and then put it back. A few days will go by and by then I've decided that not only do I want that book - I need that book so off I go to pick it up - only to discover it's no longer there! So I've learned to buy them at the time :) Bad habit. Bad.

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 12/05/2006 09:23:00 PM  

    3. And I'm counting on Santa bringing me Cap'n Jack for Christmas. It's easy for either one of the two Santa's I gave birth to get me.

      And you really should try a single title Mallery book. They're pretty good.

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 12/05/2006 09:24:00 PM  

    4. Sorry to hear about Mallery but I can understand and hey just think Walmart's bookshelves are now tidier thanks to you! Well if you are like me you will go back for some made up reason and get the other book I cannot wait to read Stacey's first book-- it is preordered(1st preorder ever)

      By Blogger mom to 3, at 12/08/2006 07:41:00 PM  

    5. Oh, good buy! ad congratulate me too for getting PoTC Dead Man's Chest. Yipee!!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/09/2006 11:06:00 AM  

    6. p.s. would be interesting to hear your verdict on mustang. I haven't read a western in a while.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/09/2006 11:08:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home