My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    3/09/2005
    The List
    I called a UBS I had never been to yesterday to see if they had a couple of books I have on my list.

    "The List" being a list of books I carry in my purse and look for at every ubs I come across. I know I could order them online but I am stubborn. And I do so adore finding a book I have been looking for. I am odd, I admit this.

    So I ask her to look for A Rose at Midnight, Brazen Angel, and Tempt Me Not. They had Tempt Me Not - this was enough to get me to drive 20 mins on my lunch break.

    I got there and was in heaven. They have many older books and it looked like a grand place to go spend a Saturday. I took The Wicked One, The Wild One, The Obedient Bride (a book I never thought I would find, so it wasn't even on the list), Heartless, No True Gentleman, The Sun and The Moon and Silken Threads up to the counter where she is holding Tempt Me Not for me.

    She rings me up - 24 bucks, I thought about doing a happy dance. Then she told me they have stopped taking credit cards when I handed her mine. This so pissed me off. I have been a lazy ass and keep forgetting to order checks, because I never use them. My credit card comes out of my bank so all is good. She knew I was driving over there on my lunch break and that she was far away, and KNEW that this has been a problem before since they have just stopped taking cc's.

    I was pretty calm, which is unlike me. She said they would hold them. I left, needed gas, took out cash, went back, got my books, and was of course late going back to work.

    Sadly I don't think I will be going there again. I understand that to take CC you pay a fee, but really in this day and age isn't that apart of the cost of doing business?

    I am lucky, in San Antonio we have a nifty chain of UBS called The Great Exchange. One is very close to me and I end up there at least once a week. If for no other reason than to take in books and chat with my friend. We also have Half Price Books, the one closes to me sells all their mass market sized anthologies for $1 and their trades at 5.95, a 1 cheaper than the other half price book stores. The fact that I know this should scare me. So I can decide not to go to one lil UBS that pissed me off. Of course who knows how long that will last ;).

    "The List" as of 3/9/5 - doesn't include NEW books
    Adele Ashworth - Stolen Charms (only book of hers I don't own, I can't even tell you what this is about I just want it)
    Heidi Betts - Hannah's Half-Breed (again only book of hers I don't own, and prolly one of the worst title books I have come across tied with George and the Virgin)
    Elizabeth Boyle - Brazen Angel (only of the series I don't have and it is the FIRST one damn it)
    Eve Byron - Deceive Me Not, Love Me Not (AAR message board posts made me decided I needed to read these)
    Linda Devlin - Cash, Jed, Sullivan (apart of Rock Creek Six series)
    Georgina Gentry - Comanche Cowboy (don't remember why this is here but I have three others of hers to read and this might be coming off the list.)
    Melanie George - The Devil's Due (only book of hers I don't have - except one I traded in)
    Danelle Harmon - The Beloved One, The Defiant One(again AAR MB)
    Emma Holly - Top of Her Game (blurb sounded good and I adore Holly)
    Cheryl Howe - The Pirate and the Puritan (LOVED her other two books)
    Anna Jeffrey - The Love of a Stranger (only one of her three that I don't have BUT I haven't read the others yet, so this one is iffy)
    Rebecca Hagan Lee - Hardly a Husband (had decided I didn't like her last series and wasn't interested in the new one, started to skim MERELY THE GROOM while putting some books together for the UBS. Kicked myself for not getting HaH the ONE time I saw it at the UBS)
    Deborah Simmons - The Vicar's Daughter (I blame this one on Laura of LLB, she rec'ed it and I have read the series but can't find this blasted book. LOVE The Last Rogue)
    Cheryl St. John - Joe's Wife (xina said it was good)
    Anna Stuart - A Rose at Midnight (cuz it is so hard to find I must have it)
    Patricia Ryan - on the look out for any
    2 Comments:
    1. I, too, loved The Last Rogue, but The Vicar's Daughter was a bit of a disappointment. I found the heroine tedious (plus, she was 17, so I had to mentally block that and add about 5 years to her age), and the final 50 pages, with their tacked-on suspense subplot, should have been cut. So, hey, don't get too depressed if you don't find it ;-)

      By Blogger Rosario, at 3/10/2005 03:31:00 PM  

    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      By Blogger Rosario, at 3/10/2005 03:32:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home