My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    5/19/2005
    Forgive Me
    For I have sinned... I bought a book.

    BUT I really don't think it counts because it wasn't for me. *I* already have a copy of said book and purchased it because it was brand new tradesize at a usb and I knew of a good home for it.

    See that doesn't count, right?

    Anyone have any comments on Katherine Kingsley? The book that I am thinking of looking for is In The Wake of The Wind. I have never heard of the author.
    6 Comments:
    1. oooohhhh! Bad Sybil!

      No seriously, I don't think it counts. You don't even get to keep it. Though I'm not sure how you managed to buy something for someone else and nothing for you. I'm never that strong. The holidays are hell on my wallet.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/19/2005 01:31:00 PM  

    2. I am strong! I was there because I was it was a coworkers birthday (didn't find anything for her).

      But for me... no. I still have a few days. I am strong! Well that and they didn't have anything I wanted ;).

      By Blogger sybil, at 5/19/2005 02:29:00 PM  

    3. lol we'll forgive you for buying the book. Well, I will, anyways.

      By Blogger Nicole, at 5/19/2005 03:59:00 PM  

    4. Well, if the book isn't for you then that doesn't really count.

      I have In The Wake of the Wind. I have read In the Wake of the Wind and I don't remember it at all, even when I checked the storyline out at Amazon, nothing rang a bell. In fact I have 8 of her books and none of them sounded familiar. But I know I must have enjoyed them when I read otherwise I wouldn't have 8 of them. I'll have to dig them out and see if they're any good now.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/19/2005 05:42:00 PM  

    5. omg kristie you know I was looking for room for books last saturday and came across around 5 authors that I have all of their books (from 5 to 10 some bought new) and I don't recall reading any of them or why I wanted them.

      In fact I meant to post about a few of them to see if people can help me ;). Someone HAD to have rec'ed them or something.

      Like Gayle Callen. I have everything she wrote and even bought her last three new. But can't for the life of me remember why I feel the need to buy her new. Same with Karen Hawkins, but I do recall reading her books. But I think Lady in Red cured me of auto-buying her. Oh you know I need to finish that review.

      ramble ramble ramble... I must go finish work now :)

      By Blogger sybil, at 5/19/2005 05:53:00 PM  

    6. I have IN THE WAKE OF THE WIND -- it's the first in the series of books that include CALL DOWN THE MOON and ... crap, I can't remember the title of the other one although I know the names of the hero/heroine and the story in detail. Anyway, I love Katherine Kingsley, but this was one of her weakest books of the two trilogies I really enjoyed. It's fun and interesting, in its own way, but the story is bogged down by a "former life" story (apparently, the characters are reincarnations of doomed lovers).

      Katherine Kingsley writes really well -- she has touches of humor and the sex scenes are warm (I think at the time, they would have been considered hot), and this one had a unique heroine, but it ended up being just too convuluted for me. I do reread it for certain scenes -- but the book in its entirety I've only read once. I guess that makes it a C overall; certain parts are really good, and others I was just like, "WTF was she thinking?"

      By Blogger meljean brook, at 5/20/2005 07:40:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home