My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    5/12/2005
    Return of the Warrior by Kinley MacGregor
    I enjoyed Return of the Warrior much more than I was expecting to. In fact I think I bought the first book of the series A Dark Champion at the end of a glom of kinley/kenyon and didn't read it. Which yay I have it so new book!

    And honestly I don't read romance for the history. If it is a time period I know a lot about things might jump out at me but I read to be amused.

    Just to let kristiej know up front, this is an avon book, a series book and there is a group of men with nicknames Brotherhood of the Sword. So that prolly counts you out ;).

    Really it is a great book! And it is a good medieval! When was the last time you read a new medieval! Ok I will stop with the exclamations.

    Queen Adara of Taagaria married Christian of Acre as a child and has built up this fantasy around her husband and the life she will have with him when he returns to her. The problem is he hasn't returned. His 'uncle' wants to declare him dead and for her to marry his son. Adara wants none of that.

    So she does what any good Queen would do, she goes to collect her wayward hubby and drag his happy ass home. I love how she goes about this. I love the challenges they come across and how they face them. I even like the 'friends' they come across and you know what, I would like to read some of their novels.

    I enjoyed watching them get to know each other, even the painful part of growing up and understanding your dreams might not be what you get but that doesn't mean what you get is bad.

    And the first time they have sex, neither one of them enjoys it. Honest. That made me laugh because I can't think of the last time I saw that in a romance novel. But the second time... hawt. In fact the whole book is pretty steamy.

    I highly recommend this. After I finish A Dark Champion I just might drag out those darkhunter novels I keep buying and not reading.
    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home