My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    9/03/2005
    Harlequin
    Am I the only one that has a hard time with their site?

    hmmm you know looking at the site it seems to have changed since last week. I was trying to get more info on the Miniseries: Montana Mavericks: Gold Rush Grooms series and couldn't.

    But look they are all nicely linked together now.

    Although I still don't get what a Harlequin Special Releases is and why these aren't HH.

    And on that note... the Advance Ordering thing sounds super cool. I want these four, three Blazes coming out next month, two Desires in Sept and two in Oct and uh three or four HH in Oct. So hitting the 25 min for free shipping wouldn't be an issue. But the price is about the same as if I bought them at Walmart.

    So my question is - Do authors get less money off a sale at the site vs Wallyworld?

    Yes it was a really stupid idea for me to start reading series books. Lucky for me there are only a few I seem to like in the Desire line and I haven't read the others I have yet - a bombshell, AR, and two SE.
    4 Comments:
    1. hey sybil, good to see you posting!
      I check out harlequin site every month and I rather like the new look. Unfortunately, none of the new releases said BUY ME.
      And I noticed the harlequin UK version-mills&boon site has been revamped too...I got some info on lynne graham upcoming release and bought it promptly eventhough the exchange rate-pound-dollar-made me gasp a bit.

      By Blogger erika, at 9/03/2005 04:43:00 AM  

    2. I'll have to ask Shannon, but I remember her posting on her blog that the royalty is the same- Amazon, Wal-mart or publishers site. Walmart can afford to sell them more cheaply because they buy in bulk (I think that was the explanation) but the royalty isn't any less.

      That said, it's too cool to be able to get Advance Release. Interesting that you and I picked up on it the same day! I want to order but will have to wait...

      By Blogger Angela James, at 9/03/2005 10:04:00 AM  

    3. Erika: hee it is good to be posting ;). It is funny how much I have missed it! On one of my walmart book buying lunches, I almost bought a HP, one of the cat's I haven't purchased yet.

      I knew you had rec'ed one of the new ones but couldn't for the life of me remember which. So I figured next time.

      Have you purchased Touch Me by Lucy Monroe? I haven't read it yet but skimmed a few pages and it seems some what old skool, not in a bad way, at least in my opinion. If you haven't, check it out. I thought of you when I bought it ;).

      Angie: Too funny because I think shannon's post was the one I was thinking of. I thought, but wasn't sure, that Karen someone said they got less.

      And if I am paying for a new book, I want the author to get the highest % they can.

      I am the first person to say used books are good, and I wouldn't buy half the new books I do if I hadn't tried them used. So when I spend the cash for new, I want it to go as far as possible.

      By Blogger sybil, at 9/03/2005 10:19:00 AM  

    4. hey sybil, I get harlequin presents thru reader service. So, I get books due to be released 2-3 months early.
      And the only lucy monroe books I've read are her HP's. I'll have to check out Touch Me.

      By Blogger erika, at 9/03/2005 10:22:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home