My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    1/16/2006
    been around the web...
    Avon's new Erotica line:
    I am guessing it kicks off in June, since Kimberly Dean's sites says she is in the 1st book.

    If This Bed Could Talk I really like the cover. Liz Maverick and Lynn LaFleur round out the anthology.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Brotherhood dates from JR Ward:
    March 06 Rhage
    Sept 06 Z
    March 07 Butch *note he now has a book of his very own*
    Sept 07 V
    March 08 Phury

    Ward also sez: there will be the four more but I'm not sure what order they are going to be in: Rehvenge, Tohr, Payne and Tehrror. But again, I'm not sure of the order...

    hear me sqeeeeeee
    --------------------------------------------------
    ACK! These bad boy whatever books are enough to kill a budget. I swear! I have pretty much decided they are going to have to stay tradesize, I am not rebuying them in MM even though I would rather have them in MM. Why am I whining about this you ask? Because I have two or three on my list for this year... and now I find another I will need.

    Viva Las Bad Boys by HelenKay Dimon is set to come out in Aug. I love Vegas! And really can't think of too many vegasy romance books I have read, of course I read mostly historical and paranormal books. But really it sounds good.... I guess I will have a better idea after WHEN GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO BAD BOYS comes out. No matter what she really got lucky having her first book come out with Lori Foster and Erin McCarthy. Hopefully it will sale well.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Joy Nash has an interesting sounding book coming out, for those of you tired of the same ol same ol regency historicals.

    Check out The Grail King info at her site. It is another Dorchester Love Spell and a sequel to Celtic Fire. A book I had to have! And of course is still tbr ;).
    --------------------------------------------------
    Carolyn Jewel is working on The Rake. I know that doesn't mean much, it isn't sold yet, but just the fact that she is working on it gives me joy.

    hear me sqeeeee again!

    Historical Romance can't afford to lose anymore authors to paranormals. Sez I :)
    --------------------------------------------------
    Anyone know what Jo Goodman is working on? I can't find any news :(
    --------------------------------------------------
    Damn... did Some Like it Wicked sell really really well? I haven't read it yet, although I do have it ;). There are two more books in the trilogy SOME LIKE IT SINFUL and SOME LIKE IT BRAZEN. AND Deborah Raleigh has signed with Zebra for three more books.

    Deborah just signed with Zebra Historicals for another trilogy. The books are tentatively entitled One Night with a Baron, One Night with a Viscount, and One Night with an Earl.

    Hope they are good! YAY more historicals!
    --------------------------------------------------
    hmmm.... I didn't know Judith E. French use to write westerns or early american novels (whatever you wanna call them). Anyone read any of them?

    I almost bought The Warrior this weekend but I was strong since it wasn't on the list.
    --------------------------------------------------
    I really need to read (yes there is a trend here)Lord of Desire because Lord of Temptation looks really good. I think the third in the trilogy is called Lord of Seduction.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Is there a rule somewhere that says erotica = higher prices. Why does more sex in a book mean it should be a trade size? The Bad Boy books (which really some are way tame) are trade, looks like AVON's new line will come out in trade size, Aphrodisia (Kensington)line is trade, Secrets books are trade, the ebooks in print are trade and hell even Harlequin's new line SPICE will be trade size.

    Why? It can't just be due to erotica being a 'hot' market. I don't see inspirational all coming out in trade. So what gives?
    --------------------------------------------------
    Is it a bad sign Josie Litton as a dead website?
    --------------------------------------------------
    Looks like Pam Rosenthal will have a new book out in sept of this year. Cool... maybe by then I will have read the one I have and bought A House East of Regent Street (a novella featured in the anthology Strangers in the Night)

    yes my tbr scares me.... so I think I shall shut off the computer and go read. I will not be around blogging much this week. Because I need to cross some things off my many to do lists, instead of screwing around on the internet and not finishing one fucking thing. hmmm well that might be true since finishing up some draft posts and reviews are on one of the lists... but I will be strong and will not blog hop. maybe

    Well I will try. Baby steps...
    7 Comments:
    1. Sybil. Erotic Romance, not erotica ;)

      And erotic romance from e-pubs come out in trade because the printers that they work with--the ones that will produce smaller print runs of a book--print in this format. So it's necessity, at this point.

      I don't know why the bigger publishers chose to go with trade size but I personally think it's because it's a way to make money, again piggybacking off the erotic romance trade size trend. They could go with mass market, but if all erotic romance is mostly only availble in trade size, the reader seeking erotic romance is forced to spend that higher price. And maybe marketing research showed readers where accustomed to buying erotic romance in this format and that's what they looked for, since Brava, EC, NCP, etc use this format. But all this is just a theory.

      By Blogger Angela James, at 1/17/2006 06:55:00 AM  

    2. Actually Avon will have two launch books for their line. The other is PARLOR GAMES and is all historical erotic romance. :)

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/17/2006 08:22:00 AM  

    3. hee angie really I should have said Erotic Romance and Erotica... well Black Lace is MM. That is more Erotica than ER... isn't it? I started to say romantica but.... whatever.

      good theory!

      Thanks Anon! Since I linked to that book in my EROTIC ROMANCE :) price question I really should have noticed the publish month.

      By Blogger sybil, at 1/17/2006 08:30:00 AM  

    4. Sybil,
      I read SOME LIKE IT WICKED and actually enjoyed it. It's light reading and the hero is pretty sexy! I recommend it if you're in the mood for something that's not too intense. I'm currently reading an Anne Gracie novel (one of her recent ones) and it's just that....intense and good! Enjoy your reading!

      By Blogger romancelover, at 1/17/2006 02:25:00 PM  

    5. The big problem I have with the new Avon line is it's trade size = more expensive = Kristie won't pay the extra money. Have you heard if they will come out later in MM size?
      What is it anyway with book with "Bad Boy" in the title. It must be just me, but I find it very annoying.
      I've read the excerpt from The Rake and it's killing me she hasn't found a publisher yet. It looks real good.
      And good question about Jo Goodman. I love her web site but I wish she would update it a little quicker. She didn't update it earlier until A Season to be Sinful was almost ready to come out.

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 1/17/2006 09:12:00 PM  

    6. My issue with the Bad Boy books is that they rarely if ever feature bad boys. Just because they're alpha doesn't mean they're bad.

      I need to get The Bookseller's Daughter back from my cousin so I can put it back on the shelf and continue to not read it :)

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/18/2006 11:56:00 AM  

    7. Damn girl you and meljean both lucked out with first time fellow authors.

      And ACK! I saw High Stakes yesterday. And I had just decided no more new paranormal series books until I read the ones I have. Good god everyone seems to be coming out with something paranormal. I LIKE paranormal books but there is such a thing as too much! And too many trade size books!

      One huge reason I have to start reviewing again, I can't afford all the books otherwise :).

      By Blogger sybil, at 1/20/2006 09:16:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home