My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    2/24/2006
    Devil in Winter - yes again
    Loved it! WAY loved it!

    Review to come later... prolly much later

    a couple fave quotes (not really too spoilerish if you know anything about the book):
    one I have rereread in the excerpt and still made me grin when I read the book
    “My father, the duke, has failed in his one responsibility in life: to keep the family fortune intact so that he can pass it on to me. My responsibility, on the other hand, is to pass my time in profligate idleness and wait for him to die. I’ve been doing my job splendidly. The duke, however, has not. He’s made a botch of managing the family finances, and at present he is unforgivably poor and even worse, healthy.”
    yes that is the hero ;) Sebastian


    "The only love match is between St. Vincent and himself"
    Cam

    I really wish LK had known she wasn't going to make Cam the hero in the next book before this one went off to print. He is a great character. Of course maybe that will give her a want to do another historical ;).

    "It's a mistake, you know. You have no idea of what you'll be exposed to... the obscenities and lewd comments, the lecherous gazes, the groping and pinching... and that's just at my house. Imagine what it would be like here."
    Sebastian


    "Oh, stop protesting. I didn't make nearly this much of a fuss after our wedding, and I was a virgin."
    Evie


    Really I could quote the book, loved Sebastian and Eve, and their banter is wonderful. Sebastian is who he is and makes no bones about it, Eve knows it and doesn't try to hide it. Of course one does have to giggle at her "I don't like that word". comments. I do adore the 'fuck' comment but won't quote yet...

    I can see some not loving this book but I think it just might be my favorite Kleypas novel. I look forward to reading what everyone thinks ;).
    7 Comments:
    1. now I'm curious as to why the heck Evie made that comment. . . .;)*g*

      Unfortunately I'll have to wait until Tuesday to find out *crying now*

      Thanx so much for those quotes now Im even MORE impatient to read it!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/24/2006 06:44:00 PM  

    2. LOL the wait is worth it if that helps *eg*

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/24/2006 06:56:00 PM  

    3. I just got this today....found it at BAM and I was so shocked since they're usually pretty late with the new books!

      By Blogger Mad, at 2/24/2006 07:22:00 PM  

    4. Sybil,
      I've been so out of the loop with my friend being in town and all. I'm going to reread DIW because it's that good....gosh, just thinking about it makes me sweat. Sebastian is a true hottie. Evie is perfect for him...and the connections to Derek Craven...gave me the chills. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

      By Blogger romancelover, at 2/25/2006 04:24:00 PM  

    5. I am tired of typing out romance a go go, so you of many names from hence forth shall be D! And you will like it.

      hee or will tell me what you want cuz I am never sure if I should use your real name or not ;).

      Yes! I have a huge love for DiW. After it was in my hot lil hands and I ran home - ok drove. I almost didn't start it. Because 1. I have shit I need to do 2. After wanting a book so much I didn't see how it could live up 3. I have had a fab run on reading lately. Really... I think the lowest I would grade anything has been a C. So I am waiting to hit that horrid book.

      But nope... DiW was awesome. Worth the wait, not really should have had it sooner damn it! But I shall forget the wait because it was so wonderful.

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/25/2006 05:22:00 PM  

    6. Oh, yaay! Thanks for the heads up. I will have to head out to Borders and pick this up. And sign up for that rewards program while I'm at it.

      I can't believe the March books are coming out already. I'm so far behind for February.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/26/2006 02:40:00 PM  

    7. P. Hurry up and go tonight so you can get 30% off one of those scifi hardbacks you like... I think that was you.

      hee Enjoy DiW, I think it is just wonderful.

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/26/2006 07:45:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home