My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    2/10/2006
    Fever isn't such a new scene
    Helenkay blogged For Further Confusion regarding the March Romantic Times trying to, as Alison Kent sez: Define Eroticism .

    I happen to agree there is no right or wrong. But as I sit here trying to assign sensuality rating, the question is running through my head. I have read books recently that are called hot, hot baby but seem very mild to me. I am missing something? LOL or just too jaded and on romantic erotica overload ;).

    1. How do you define erotic vs erotic romance in your personal reading or reviews?

    2. Do you have any personal examples of authors you feel fit the two?

    3. Where do you feel romantica fits in between erotic vs erotic romance?

    4. Is the sensuality rating something you even pay attention to before you read a novel? Or do you look after? Do you find yourself agreeing or disagreeing?

    5. If you do look at the ratings before - you are looking for hotter stories? Or are you looking for the sweeter ones?

    6. If you write, is the level or page amount focused on sex something you even think of when you plot out a story (if you outline) or do you just 'let the characters lead?'?

    7. Do you think we are flooding the market with too many hotter books? Or are you happy to see so many new erotica lines?

    8. Where does BRAVA fit in with erotic vs erotic romance?

    lots of questions... and I have more! readers and/or authors answers as many as you want or not ;)

    ETA: Cindy's answers
    4 Comments:
    1. Well, I'd certainly say Brava is on the low end of the heat scale for erotic romance.

      Romantica is just another name for erotic romance.

      I don't pay much attention to the sensuality rating, usually.

      By Blogger Nicole, at 2/06/2006 08:51:00 AM  

    2. I think I am in agreement with the Brava thing. Looking at the two first Bad Boy's books I even think they say erotic romance or something along that line.

      But I don't really recall them being that. Of course that is why they are down to read ;). But I look at books like Standing in the Shadows and yeah that is burn your fingers hot.

      So...

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/06/2006 07:10:00 PM  

    3. Uhm, I'm going to answer at my blog only because I tend to wander in my thought process and it could get ugly.

      I'll post some time Wednesday.

      CindyS

      By Blogger CindyS, at 2/07/2006 03:18:00 AM  

    4. I have to agree with you Alison. I know what it is suppose to mean but I wonder if that is what readers think when they hear the word.

      I don't. If someone says they want a romantica rec, my first question would be are they interested in reading an ebook or just looking for an erotic romance.

      I think the whole trademark thing is silly, when like Nicole said it is just another name for what we already had.

      At least I think...

      By Blogger sybil, at 2/13/2006 08:02:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home