My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    4/23/2006
    Linda Howard Reading update

    Duncan's Bride... read, liked and thought it was surprisingly good

    Overload... didn't like near as much as I thought I would from the blurb. I love a good blackout, stuck in the heat oh gosh we must take off our clothes to survive story! What? Like you don't. hmph. But don't know. I will think on it more later. My brain is fried.

    Sarah's Child... trying to read... for three days now... uh I want to slap her but feel guilty for it in a way. Not sure if that will get better or not. Or it could be my mood. Which is below suckage at this point.

    Who knows.
    AAR interview with Howard from 2000 that has the authors takes on Sarah's Child. And a couple of other interesting things. Did that website go up and come down? Or just never happen?

    What were the two category books she did after this book? Anyone know?
    12 Comments:
    1. Linda Howard doesn't have a website. Apparently she had real problems with a stalker and was advised to keep a low profile. The two category books after Sarah's Child are The Cutting Edge (1985) and Almost Forever (1986). Both feature more passive heroines of that time so if you don't enjoy Sarah's Child you might like to give these a miss!!
      Her next two ~ Midnight Rainbow & Diamond Bay feature more kick ass heroines.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/23/2006 10:30:00 AM  

    2. Oops ~ just realised you might have been asking about the two category books that she refers to in the interview that she said she was contracted for. So far ~ nothing. Her last category was A Game Of Chance in 2000.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/23/2006 10:45:00 AM  

    3. ooh, ooh, Definitely recommend Midnight Rainbow. Loved it.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/23/2006 11:21:00 AM  

    4. [Jane, you are scaring me. Midnight Rainbow is a firm LH favourite of mine.]

      Duncan's Bride is good fun [especially love their trivia games]. After SARAH'S CHILD, it's ALMOST FOREVER and A GAME OF CHANCE. I think these two are her most recent category romances.

      I did hear a rumour that she might pen a new category romance for Silhouette, but I'd not heard any more than that, so it might be just a rumour. Or that it's a reissue.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/23/2006 12:53:00 PM  

    5. Ooh. I stand corrected. My copy of ALMOST FOREVER is a reissue. In that case, A GAME OF CHANCE is LH's last category romance.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/23/2006 12:55:00 PM  

    6. Sybil, have you read Midnight Rainbow and Diamond Bay yet?? If not, they are LH ***MUST*** reads

      If you enjoy Lisa Marie Rice, I think you'll like them.

      By Blogger Tara Marie, at 4/23/2006 03:06:00 PM  

    7. Did you know that Loving Evangaline comes before Duncan's Bride?

      I think everyone else answered your category questions, so I'll just say that I loved Diamond Bay, Midnight Rainbow, White Lies and Heartbreaker just as much as I loved DB.

      Sarah's Child...well, I enjoyed it, but I did have serious issues with the hero and the heroine. I kept waiting for Sarah to grow a backbone and Rome to take some of the steel out of his...but I did end up enjoying it immensely. I think I'm one of the few, though.

      If you have more questions, you should check out the LHBB on the Simonsays website. www.simonsays.com

      The ladies there are wonderful and there's none of the "drama" that surrounds so many other BB's. Not only that, but they've put together the next best thing to an author wesbite, which lists all of her books, they're publication dates, and the h/h's of each. It's great.

      By Blogger Holly, at 4/23/2006 04:36:00 PM  

    8. Thanks Willa! Yeah I was talking about the two categories she says are still under contract with H. I didn't see any but a reprint and Game of Chance could be one of the two.

      But I figured I missed it ;)

      Ok Midnight Rainbow on the list to be read! I thought LE was the brothers story from DB and came after DB. no? Before?

      By Blogger sybil, at 4/23/2006 07:29:00 PM  

    9. Yes, LE does come after DB...I was just confused (a natural state for me, no doubt).

      By Blogger Holly, at 4/23/2006 10:52:00 PM  

    10. Duncan's Bride is one of my favorite LH. Although I managed to finish SC, I disliked it intensely. I wanted to slap Sarah and beat the crap out of Rome (yes, it brought out my violent tendencies). IMHO one of the two worst books she ever wrote.

      By Blogger ReneeW, at 4/24/2006 02:36:00 PM  

    11. reneew, what's the other worst book, in your opinion. I ended up liking SC, but I absolutely HATED All That Glitters and The Independant Wife. NO Spank you..

      By Blogger Holly, at 4/25/2006 01:47:00 PM  

    12. All That Glitters and The Independant Wife get my vote for her worst. I think Renee blogged that ATG was a major wallbanger.

      By Blogger Tara Marie, at 4/25/2006 06:31:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home