My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    4/05/2006
    What is this?
    FireHorse Romance

    Looks new... can't decide if it is a new e book pub (link for EBook says coming soon) or a promo like site. There is a forum and the opening thing looks like it is aimed at readers.

    It was running really slow but I think that might be my computer. I come across so many dead links (lol I way backed Bev's old site the other day and found her old front page) that it is nice to see new websites. **no cut**
    5 Comments:
    1. Oh, lordy, you didn't, did you? I'm trying to bury that thing, you know.

      Er, you are talking about me and not the other Bev, right?

      Oh, and as to the FireHorse Romance link, I think something screwy is going on because when I tried it all I got was ads, and personals type ads at that, at the top and bottom but no actual page in the middle.

      By Blogger Bev (BB), at 4/06/2006 01:21:00 AM  

    2. It looks to be a flash-based site with a bit of javascript? Not a good thing for people who turn javascript off in their browsers. It also looks like it's a mixture of promo and reader's site?

      Bev - are you saying Bev's Book Santacury [sp?] is you?

      By Blogger lost, at 4/06/2006 04:12:00 AM  

    3. Yeah, it is, er, it was, Maili. I let it go several years ago when real life got to intense but recently since things have settled down a little, I decided to give things another go, this time using Bev's Books @ bevsbooks.com. Simpler domain, simpler approach all the way around.

      (Oh, and if anyone remembers that far back Beverly's Book Basket on AAR was the original incarnation of Bev's Notes and was what led me to start my own site in the first place.)

      What's truly weird is that I had set a start-up date for Bev's Books at April 1 set long before the Reader Network issue came up recently so as things worked out they both went online at almost the same time. I'm still reeling a little over that coincidence. :-)

      Oh, and as to the flash stuff, I have no idea whether I have it turned off or not.

      By Blogger Bev (BB), at 4/06/2006 11:44:00 AM  

    4. LOL Bev yep I did I did...

      uh you should contact waybackmachine people it you want to kill it. I think you have stuff removed. Got to love the internet, nothing ever really dies ;).

      Maili! How yous! hmmm I think that was the site that Bev posted on her blog that was the name of her old site.

      Which I googled, led me to amazon, gave me a link, which I waybacked ;). The joys of insomnia.

      By Blogger sybil, at 4/06/2006 11:54:00 AM  

    5. Nah, it doesn't really bother me that it's still archived there but I am trying figure out why a google search led you to Amazon first. The only thing I can think of is that I probably still have that domain listed in my Amazon Associates profile.

      One more thing to put on my to-do list. (G)

      By Blogger Bev (BB), at 4/07/2006 08:58:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home