My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    5/24/2006
    For the Quinn readers...
    found in From the Heart (Avon newletter)
    On sale June 6th, Avon Books and HarperMedia are proud to announce the special publication of original e-books by phenomenal New York Times bestseller Julia Quinn: IT'S IN HIS KISS: THE 2ND EPILOGUE and THE VISCOUNT WHO LOVED ME: THE 2ND EPILOGUE. We know you can't get enough of the Bridgertons and now it�s time revisit the lives of these beloved characters with all new, original content.

    Look for more original e-books in the near future, and and be sure to pick up the next Bridgerton novel On the Way to the Wedding, available in July.


    full newsletter here


    Good idea? Bad? Will you read it? No? I will have to break down and try her one day. No real reason I haven't yet other than time.
    11 Comments:
    1. See, personally, I'm not at all interested in reading the 2nd Epilogues. The thing is, she includes little tid bits about the formerly written about Bridgertons in her current Bridgerton novels. We know they've all had X amount of children and they're still doing this and that and so and so was published and so and so has art work hanging and blah, blah, blah. That may not make sense to you if you haven't read the series, but for those of you who have, you see what I mean, right?

      So why, if she's already kept us up to date about the Bridgertons that have gotten their stories, would she need to write MORE about them? It doesn't make sense to me.

      I still want to read On the Way To the Wedding, to finish off the series, but that's it. I'm not interested in revisiting the old characters.

      Gosh, did that make ANY sense AT ALL? LOL

      By Blogger Holly, at 5/24/2006 01:35:00 PM  

    2. Not interested in it AT ALL. What's the pt? I will buy the new novel out this summer, but the epilogues? Gosh, let them die already!

      By Blogger romancelover, at 5/24/2006 02:18:00 PM  

    3. hehehe...

      First, Sybil, how have you never read a Quinn? I mean, I live in a hole in a tree so I am excused, but hello????

      Second, not only do I like HEA but I am one of those all too annoying people who like it to continue. So yes, I was very happy that she is writing the epis and I will buy them, read them and enjoy them.

      However, the educated, intelligent and non-gushy fangirl side of me agrees that the epis are just too much. I'm afraid it was a "cave to the reader" move.

      ...Fi

      By Blogger Kerri Wall, at 5/24/2006 03:07:00 PM  

    4. I wonder if this is a new marketing tactic. Revive the series for the finale?

      ...Fi

      By Blogger Kerri Wall, at 5/24/2006 03:09:00 PM  

    5. I like the Bridgerton series, but I guess I'm not sure the point of these epilogues -- is it just going to be a scene from their daily lives? A short story about people who've already had their HEA? Novellas that just include the Bridgertons?

      I don't get it. *scratches head*

      By Blogger meljean brook, at 5/24/2006 05:08:00 PM  

    6. Do you have to pay for these?

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/24/2006 07:47:00 PM  

    7. I was looking at the website and pondering how you get them. You do have to pay for them? No thanks. As Holly pointed out, you see updates on the characters in other books. If it was free I'd think it was great, but it seems like Quinn's just trying to milk every last penny out of the Bridgerton's that she can. It kinda bugs me actually, when so many other authors include extras like this for free, on their sites. I'll read the final Bridgerton book of course, though.

      By Blogger Devon, at 5/24/2006 08:00:00 PM  

    8. Hey devon! I need your email! I forget why, but I was sending you something the other day and couldn't find it.

      it made me sad... I prolly cried... yes I do so hate not finding what I want

      But I digress, hee look up, I just posted a link to where you can buy one for $1.99. I DO IT ALL FOR YOU GUYS!

      la la la... can you tell I just woke up ;)

      By Blogger sybil, at 5/24/2006 08:07:00 PM  

    9. Sybil--you bust me for not reading Foster?? I had at least tried her books before desiding nope. You've never read a Quinn, are you really part of the romance reading world or an alien.

      Do I actually have to pay for these additional epilogues?? Why not incorporate them somehow into the last book. Interested, but not enough to pay for them.

      By Blogger Tara Marie, at 5/25/2006 09:19:00 AM  

    10. I may read them, out of curiosity. But what I really am waiting for is Gregory's story.

      Fi ... this definitely smacks of marketing.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/25/2006 11:06:00 AM  

    11. Hey I haven't been reading all that long! I didn't say I HATED quinn's writing or anything.

      Just haven't had time to read her... then that whole book with a dead guy uh something way? and eekkk

      so uh one day, maybe...

      I agree ag ;)

      By Blogger sybil, at 5/25/2006 01:13:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home