My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    6/19/2006
    I am the only one to never do debbie?
    wanna count how many ways you can make fun of an old pRon title
    6 Comments:
    1. I've never done her romances, but have enjoyed a couple of her more mainstream women's fiction-y titles. She tends to write "sentimental" for lack of a better word, but unlike say, Catherine Anderson, I haven't gotten a toothache from Macomber yet. Also, she likes to throw in a strong sense of faith into her books, but she doesn't beat you over the head with it. I tend to like this - faith should blend seamlessly into everyday life. The characters shouldn't be carping on about it every other paragraph.

      Also I've "met" Macomber and a nicer person you won't find. The story of how she became a published author is really inspirational (for lack of a better word).

      Personally I think Between Friends is worth a look - since I consider it a keeper. I also enjoyed Changing Habits, although I didn't find it perfect by any means. A strong B read. I've got her more recent knitting books buried in my TBR somewhere....

      By Blogger Wendy, at 6/19/2006 02:12:00 PM  

    2. Between Friends?

      I shall look for it.

      By Blogger sybil, at 6/19/2006 03:01:00 PM  

    3. I have several of hers on my TBR shelf, but I've never tried her..I might, though. Someday.

      By Blogger Holly, at 6/19/2006 06:22:00 PM  

    4. I got one of her books to judge for the Virginia Holt contest I did. She autographed it with a bible notation which annoyed me but that's neither here nor there. I wasn't a fan of the book either though, and I'll probably never pick up something of hers in the future. I picture her as more of an old lady author. Like her core audience is someone's grandma who likes to sit on the veranda and read the new Macomber, with a pitcher of lemonade at her side. Don't you love how I've got it all worked out in my head? :)

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/20/2006 12:02:00 PM  

    5. LOL Jay. My boss' mom asks me for novels sometimes, (she's 80 if she's a day) so maybe I'll pass mine on to her and see what she says. Test your theory out, so to speak.

      By Blogger Holly, at 6/20/2006 03:26:00 PM  

    6. LOL jay I can totally see this!

      By Blogger sybil, at 6/21/2006 09:52:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home