My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    6/07/2006
    Review: Wed Under Western Skies
    Wed Under Western Skies is a May Harlequin Historical with three stories by three of my favorite HH authors!


    review is up


    summary

    Abandoned by Carolyn Davidson, who needs to update her website is about:
    The sole survivor of a wagon train raid, Elizabeth Travis has been left with amnesia. Cameron Montgomery comes to her rescue and takes special care of her. But how can she desire him while she is a woman with no past?
    I really enjoyed her last novel Redemption, as well as Bachelor Tax and A Marriage by Chance. I have been working on getting her complete backlist and only have a couple left to go. I think so far the only one I didn't like was Oklahoma Sweetheart.

    Almost A Bride by Cheryl St. John (also need a website update but has a blog with new info) already has a review up. It is the only one the site reviews. I am hoping that is because St. John sent a file or something and not because the others sucked. It does look to be a site that posts only positive reviews. Not sure... But it says we will be seeing characters from two of my fave Cheryl St. John books, Luke and Annie from Sweet Annie and Noah and Kate His Secondhand Wife! The summary is:
    The only unmarried woman in town, Charmaine Renlow has been waiting years for her beau to propose, and she's had enough. Maybe it's time to move on to greener pastures...like single father Jack Easton's homestead!
    Lets sqqqqquuuueee (again) Sweet Annie and His Secondhand Wife! Although Wendy did like Prairie Wife better *g*... hmmm I think, maybe I have that backward? Anyway read both! She has an excerpt on her blog
    Cheryl St. John gives an interview on Her-stories.com and talkes about her next book, which revisit's The Doctor's Wife - another fave!

    His Brother's Bride is by Jenna Kernan, an author I have talked about before because I so adored Turner's Woman. The summary is:
    Only a desperate woman would marry a man she'd never met, even if it was her dying husband's last request. But with a young daughter to protect, Clara Justice is desperate, so she accepts the proposal from Nate, the black sheep of the family....
    There is an excerpt up at her site. And you can get bookmarks! What? I amuse easy, leave me alone. Makes note... I was very disappointed in The Trapper, a book I plan to read again. Hmmm maybe while waiting for fund's to buy new books ;). I am not sure if it was a bad book, or just didn't live up to my love for Turner's Woman. I have her whole backlist, easy to do when there are three books ;). Winter Woman is in the tbr pile (along with about 100 other HH, yes and I need more. Stop looking at me like that!)



    And I didn't even get into the Montana Mavericks series... le sigh... go forth and buy.
    6 Comments:
    1. Charmaine from Sweet Annie was a good character, so it's nice to see that St. John is giving her her own story.

      And I liked HSW - but LUVVVVED PW. Really, I don't want to come off like I'm bashing HSW, because it's a very good book in it's own right.

      I actually have this one already. I won a contest over at St. John's blog. Jealous?

      By Blogger Wendy, at 4/13/2006 11:22:00 AM  

    2. Well yes... I knew you liked it ;)

      LE GASP! You know... ::sits next to wendy:: you have to many books. Yes you do! Look around you! I shall do you a favor cuz I like you so! Why don't you read this one now, and then:
      SENT to SYBIL!

      :)

      By Blogger sybil, at 4/13/2006 02:51:00 PM  

    3. I *had* a bunch of the MM books. Do you want me to see if I still do? I know I read and enjoyed a few but just never got back to reading them for some reason.

      By Blogger Amie Stuart, at 5/28/2006 06:52:00 PM  

    4. MM books! Yes you should check! And if you aren't reading them you should take them to san antonio for lunch.

      bbbbbbwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

      :)

      By Blogger sybil, at 5/28/2006 07:42:00 PM  

    5. I read Winter Woman and loved it. Well, liked it a lot. Then I read Turner's Woman. It was kind of like eating warmed up leftovers. Eatible but not nearly as good as the previous night when it was new.

      It's hard to describe but TW was almost like reading the same book but with different characters. They acted the same, reacted the same and I got really bored.

      After reading what you said about her next book in relation to TW, I doubt I'll be tryng Jenna Kernan again any time soon.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/29/2006 05:32:00 AM  

    6. hmmm interesting you say that jayne... I LOVED Turners Woman but read WW after it. And the last one.. The Trapper, I havent' been able to read.

      I was hoping I was just in a mood but I think you said it there, it was like reading TW over with different characters.

      Saying that I did like this one but it was short and a different set up then the other three which I guess were all 'out of place' women stories with tough men.

      hee although I guess this one has an 'out of place' woman as well but she was different in the sense she is a 'fallen' woman where as the others were good girls from good families.

      By Blogger sybil, at 5/29/2006 05:48:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home