My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    7/09/2006
    Beverly Havlir EBUZZ: Miss October By Madison Hayes
    Bolt Hardin is many things, and comforting ain't one of them. He's too hard-edged, too big, too brutal... and too damn sexy for Tavia's own good. Balancing caution with a frustrating dose of sexual attraction, Tavia takes the rugged stranger home with her. After all, she won't be alone with him. Not when she has a houseful of construction workers underfoot and a boyfriend coming for dinner.


    She's cool, calm and in control-until Bolt sets his sights on gaining what he wants. And what he wants is Tavia, laid out and spread for his pleasure. And then there's his own special method of nailing a woman to the floor.


    With nothing more than a sexy saunter and a low-slung pair of jeans, Bolt worms his way into Tavia's heart. Lucky for her... Tavia's heart is exactly what Bolt's after.



    Beverly Havlir, author of Irresistible (read!) should really update her website and tell us what she has coming out next.


    ::waiting:: oh ok, at least come tell us, or better yet send it to me *g*


    Beverly Havlir's Buzz
    Tavia doesn't think she's gorgeous, being on the voluptuous side, and she's pragmatic enough to know that men are after her money. Until one hot, dry day, Bolt Hardin comes into her life and shakes up everything she’s ever believed in.


    Ah, Bolt. What can I say? I'm a sucker for a man's man. I love a man who's unapologetically masculine and swaggers with the unshakable confidence of someone sure of his sex appeal. Bolt is all that and more. There were a couple of times when I wanted to hit him over the head for being a chauvinist, but in the next second, he was melting my heart with his sweetness, which was all the more potent and effective because it was so not like him to be sweet.


    I love books that engage my emotions. I want to love and empathize with the hero and heroine, but I also want to see displays of human nature, a dash of realism. He made Tavia mad, made her cry, but he also made her feel good about herself. I felt all those emotions right along with her. And in so doing, fell a little in love with Bolt myself. He's certainly no pansy ass hero. He knows what he wants and he's not afraid to go after it! And does he ever! The sex scenes are simply scorching, nearly melting my poor laptop's hard drive. *g*


    Miss October is a fun, sexy, engrossing, though short read. If anything, I wish Miss Hayes would have made it longer. I wanted to read more. That’s how much I liked it.



    You can find Madison Hayes here and purchase Miss October here. Thanks for the Buzz, Beverly!

    Labels: ,

    1 Comments:
    1. Hi Sybil,

      *groan* I know, I know. I need to update my website. Don't worry. It'll be done soon. *g* Thanks for posting my review. I'll post a link in my blog (new!) to yours.

      Hugs!

      By Blogger Beverly Havlir, at 7/09/2006 07:18:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home