My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    7/13/2006
    Causing Havoc by Lori Foster - cover question
    Look at the cover and tell me what it is... first thing that pops into your head
    What Am I


    Did you Guess A...
    Boxing Glove? If so you are correct! I saw a corset like some of these guys.

    Here is the set back if you are interested..


    I still want to read Murphy's Law even though this review makes me want to agree with tara on foster books. Go figure, I think the point of the review is it is a good book but it does its best to make it sound like boring crap. Or is that just me?
    8 Comments:
    1. Vote for the boring as crap. Let's pair the blurb with the feminine hygiene commercial that is masquerading as Lisa Kleypas' book commercial. Oh, and I thought shoelace or corset too.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/13/2006 09:12:00 AM  

    2. Lisa Kleypas has a book commercial?

      Shoe laces or some weird boobless corset, maybe it's upside down?

      Is it boring as crap or is gushing too annoying. It's the fangirl thing, why you can't trust any fangirl's reviews. Look at my review of Linda Howard's Cover of Night. Loved it while everyone else (with the exception of Nicole) hated it. Once we cross over to the fangirl side we lose all objectivity.

      By Blogger Tara Marie, at 7/13/2006 10:05:00 AM  

    3. I took away from it that lori foster 'good writer' with strong 'values', loves lil kiddos and does a 'good' love scene without getting 'dirty' like other writers.

      I am in a mood, which could mean I am totally reading it wrong. But 'values' and kids are not selling points to me on romance novels.

      I don't care about an authors 'values' in fact I don't want to know them. They are selling me a book not a way of life and nine out of ten times their 'values' aren't going to be mine.

      Not to say I am right or they are but if they piss me off then I don't want to buy them and that has nothing to do with the book itself.

      And then that pisses me off at myself and the author.

      uh like I sad... mood ;)

      By Blogger sybil, at 7/13/2006 10:18:00 AM  

    4. I saw the part about revisiting "favorite" characters from Jude's Law and had to stop reading. It's no secret that the characters in JL annoyed me no end and I found their actions totally absurd.

      By Blogger Wendy, at 7/13/2006 10:33:00 AM  

    5. well to be fair I liked jude's law more than you, not much but I didn't want to throw it across the room...

      By Blogger sybil, at 7/14/2006 01:00:00 AM  

    6. I thought it was a high top hot pink Chuck Taylor sneaker, my bad. I read several of the books set in and around that NC town (i.e. Jamie) and I thought they were good (although, as you can see, the details didn't stay with me). But if I remember corectly, the love scenes sometimes had very straightforward (some might say crude) language. Which doesn't bother me at all, but doesn't jibe with those comments.

      By Blogger Devon, at 7/14/2006 08:11:00 AM  

    7. Wow, now there are reviews of reviews in the blogworld LOL. I'm not trying to change anybody's mind because that's not the point of my reviews, which is why I only post at my blog or Amazon, and we all know people don't take those reviews seriously, I just think it's funny that people take the time to post about something they find boring.

      I do enjoy reading your blog, Sybil, I just never thought I'd show up on it *g* I'm surprised anyone took the time to visit LOL. Have a great weekend.

      By Blogger Stacy~, at 7/15/2006 10:08:00 AM  

    8. LOL really stacy, is it shocking at all what I take the time to blog about ;)

      The comment wasn't at all a dig at you or your review but to say the things you pointed out about liking in the book wouldn't be a book I would like.

      Which annoys me greatly cuz I want to read this book. Such is life, of course I might read it and take away a completely different thing.

      I am way interested to see if foster's writing, tone or overall style changes with her move from Brava. As this is the last book with them, it doesn't count ;).

      Thanks for stopping by and I have been by your blog a couple of times but my computer is sooo old music tends to play funky so I avoid sites that have sound.

      By Blogger sybil, at 7/15/2006 12:10:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home