My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    7/04/2006
    A couple of Heaths
    I must confess my first book by Lorraine Heath was An Invitation to Seduction. Over all I recall liking it. After I read it I heard how wonderful her Texas books were but I didn't read westerns so I passed.


    Fast forward to postelizabethlowell omg I love westerns and a mad look to find THE BOOKS and le sigh I was in lurve. ::coughevenaustinsbookcough::


    So I found myself rereading An Invitation to Seduction and was way unmoved the second time. I wanted Rawley damn it! I wanted Heath to return to Texas! I wanted more WESTERNS! damn it! And now after reading As An Earl Desires and A Matter of Temptation all I can say is:


    I wanted Rawley damn it! I wanted Heath to return to Texas! I wanted more WESTERNS! damn it!


    le sigh... I am sure Lorraine Heath is so over people saying such things.
    Don't get me wrong. They weren't horrible books just not THE BOOKS. Well A Matter of Temptation was really rather eh I can only think of one or two books I liked with twin heroes involved. And it had an evol insane twin at that...

    As An Earl Desires was much better and had a grand h/h. I have to wonder if I would have liked it more if I didn't have such lurve for THE BOOKS. Either way I don't think I will be picking up any more Lorraine Heath's books unless she returns to westerns. But I think will happen sometime in the land of never.

    But I doubt she will miss me as a reader as she seems to have a nice following. I can say that Heath falls into that category of author I WANT to love because she seems like such a nice person and is a texas author. Ah well I tried...
    3 Comments:
    1. I read one of her western comtemps and couldn't get past how many times they drank coffee, talked about coffee, or even fucking mentioned coffee in the first 50 pages. I didn't finish it. But I did drink some coffee. =)

      By Blogger Amie Stuart, at 7/04/2006 06:58:00 PM  

    2. I'm not sure I want her to do Rawley's story anymore 'cause sure as shootin' she would move him to England and then I would have to go and hunt her down.

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 7/04/2006 07:07:00 PM  

    3. Austin's book happened to be my favorite. Seriously. But then I have this "thing" for younger heroes with the need to "prove" themselves. I also suspect by that point I was so emotionally invested in the series (I read them back to back) that Austin probably could have a been a disco drag queen from the Bronx and it would have ended up being my favorite. But I'm just wacky like that.

      TeeHee on what Kristie said. But after my initial chuckle I realized that the scenario was too frighteningly plausible and started to weep.

      By Blogger Wendy, at 7/04/2006 09:52:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home