My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    7/09/2006
    Review: The Kept Woman
    WHEN A GOOD-GIRL DIVORCEE
    Playing by the rules has left Samantha Monroe with an AWOL ex-husband, maxed out credit cards, and the task of raising three children on a hairstylist's salary. It's time for a new game plan. When Sam learns that politician Jack Tolliver needs someone to play the part of his fiancee for six months in return for a generous paycheck, she's ready to sign up on the spot.

    MEETS A BAD-BOY POLITICIAN
    Jack needs Sam and her kids to help tone down his image from womanizing cad to dependable dad. But he was expecting Sam to be a frumpy single mom, not a wickedly smart, sexy redhead. Keeping nosey newshounds from discovering that his engagement is a charade is going to be a tough job, but one mind-blowing kiss from Sam and suddenly Jack is ready to put in all the overtime necessary...

    LOVE WINS IN A LANDSLIDE...
    Now, with scheming opponents itching to bring Jack down, Sam's ex returning to stir up trouble, one stubborn pre-schooler, two squabbling teenagers, a crazy dog, and some out-of-this-world sex, Jack and Sam are discovering that playing make-believe can be complicated-but not nearly as much as falling in love...



    Would you like to know more...
    I liked!

    There was a big plot hole, at least in my mind that just has to be over looked. The fact that this is such a big fat hairy deal Sam has to sign a confidentiality agreement it doesn't make sense they (Jack, his people and Sam) keep telling people. Kara asks Sam be Jack's fake fiancee in front of Monte and I get that Monte is Sam's BFF. But duh... why doesn't Monte have to sign an agreement? And the kids are told and good night they are kids! So this 'secret' was set to spill from the get go.


    Once I just got over that huge lil detail, and went with it, I found the whole story very amusing, quick, quirky and entertaining. Loads better than He Loves Lucy, which I didn't enjoy at all.


    And yes, Jack was a big ol bastard who has fucked his way through town but really so what? That is the point, rake falls in lurve! Right after they do the deed for the first time this cracks me up:
    "Oh well, you know I wasn't exactly suave. You felt too good for me to manage suave. And it's been a while for me, too."

    That made her laugh. "Oh?"

    "It'll be three weeks on Tuesday."

    "My God, how have you survived?"

    He patted her shoulder. "I ask myself the same thing every day."


    hee, the whole scene is just a laugh, or maybe you just have to read it... hmm or I could just be twisted. OH! maybe all of the above

    Anyway, the kids are a bit much at times and Sam has a serious TSTL moment at the end but neither killed my enjoyment factor. I will be looking for her next book... as jane would say, a B for you.

    Labels: ,

    1 Comments:
    1. Hmm..sound pretty good, minus the plot hole. I'll be picking it up.

      By Blogger Holly, at 7/10/2006 12:07:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home