My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    8/02/2006
    OMG you still haven't read....
    This post was first posted 5/11/05. I was once again shocking someone with my lack of having never read an author, I wanted to see who all I have knocked off my list in the last year.

    five down, many too go...

    The List - which I am sure isn't complete and is in no order:

    Janet Dailey
    Kathleen Woodiwiss
    Rosemary Rogers - doubt I will ever

    LaVyrle Spencer - I really like this author!

    Diana Gabaldon

    Barbara Cartland

    Georgette Heyer

    Judith McNaught - liked her much more than I thought I would

    Loretta Chase - more on this later...

    Iris Johansen

    Mary Jo Putney

    Christine Feehan (five of the vamps, a stand alone and wild rain in my tbr)

    Jayne Ann Krentz

    Amanda Quick

    Karen Robards - Really love some of her books... One Summer comes to mind.

    Suzanne Brockmann

    Nora Roberts

    JD Robb

    Jo Beverly

    Linda Lael Miller - adore some of her stuff, Lilly and The Major has been reissued (again) with a great cover

    Susan Carroll

    Julia Quinn - will read Minx soon


    How about you? Read any from your last list (if you made one)? Do you have some omg-I-love-you-must-read authors on your never read list?

    Is it just too many books too little time or have you made a choice for whatever reason to not read an author?

    Labels:

    9 Comments:
    1. For me, it's a way-too-many-books, not enough time thing. I had way too many books that I need to read...Most of them I own and haven't cracked open ~ alot of them are library books that I keep renewing with the intention of reading them next...and then I read something fantastic and have to get my hands on everything the author's ever written (ok, maybe not literally...but darn close). I just keep discovering new things to read almost daily, and then my TBR piles just keep growing. It's a never ending cycle.

      By Blogger Dev, at 8/02/2006 03:57:00 PM  

    2. You know what's sad...I have read most of those authors at least once! Yikes! And I wonder why I always have a To Do list as long as my arm.

      But, to answer your questions, for me it is definitely too many books, too little time - and, may I add, too little willpower to NOT buy a book on my TBB as soon as I see it. Jeez. My TBR pile scares me sometimes. And, if someone does the "you MUST read this" thing, I'll usually put that book near the top of the pile and try. Sometimes with success - JD Robb!! - sometimes really, really not (Mary Balogh...which I now pronouce Blah). :o)

      By Blogger C2, at 8/02/2006 06:29:00 PM  

    3. Well, when I first started reading romance, I made a point of not reading the big names. It was kinda like if I wasn't reading those, I wasn't quite a real romance reader and thus wasn't one of those empty headed bimbos who read them. :-) Hey, my thoughts have changed :-)

      But this summer I've actually tried to read some of these bigger names. Need to think of who else to put on the list. Hmmm...

      By Blogger Nicole, at 8/02/2006 09:39:00 PM  

    4. Sybil,
      I had never even heard of Elizabeth Lowell until you mentioned her one day. I've already read two of her ONLY books and love her...so much that now I fantasize about western/frontier lovers.
      - Daniela

      By Blogger romancelover, at 8/02/2006 10:46:00 PM  

    5. hee I love that I am not alone ;)

      nicole I didn't read some of the BIG names just cuz they were BIG. I do plan to read Nora one day, if for no other reason than to make ro happy ;).

      Daniela!!!!!! Which ones did you read? hmmmm? I LOVE the only series.

      By Blogger sybil, at 8/03/2006 12:13:00 AM  

    6. I blogged about this? How can my memory be so bad that I don't remember something from 3 months ago.

      Now, I've got to go and search out Nicoles original post and mine.

      By Blogger Tara Marie, at 8/03/2006 09:54:00 AM  

    7. Okay, lets try that again, since it was 15 months ago, I'm forgiving myself for being forgetful.

      By Blogger Tara Marie, at 8/03/2006 09:56:00 AM  

    8. LOL tara I went back and double checked the date when I saw this ;)

      yep over a year ago you are safe to forget

      By Blogger sybil, at 8/03/2006 10:30:00 AM  

    9. I forget...I read the first 2 in the series...the one about Willow and the 2nd one about Wolfe. Gosh, ONLY HIS and ONLY LOVE, I think. I never loved westerns, didn't find them sexy but these men..wow!

      By Blogger romancelover, at 8/03/2006 04:01:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home