My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    9/15/2006
    The Dream Guardian
    The Dream Guardian series

    was partly a creative construct and partly a marketing-focused one.

    At the time I had a futuristic on submission that was running into a problem -- it was too futuristic for the romance imprints and too romantic for the sci-fi imprints.

    So my agent suggested that I return to the drawing board while we waited for word and think of something else. Kensington has my historicals, a futuristic was on submission, that left me with contemporary.


    I thought of all the paranormals I knew of -- weres, vamps, magic, faeries -- and wanted to do something different. I thought about it and came up with the dream/nightmare idea.

    "What if the man of your dreams was real?"

    Then my imagination ran with it. What if Nightmares were real? What if they were beings that fed off the fear and distress created by bad dreams? And what if good dreams were real? And what if the good dreams were the reason we have bad dreams? And what about wet dreams? The possibilities just kept stacking up.


    I had to research wormholes, spacetime, string theory, Roman rings, parallel dimensions, closed timelike curves, Shinto temples, and various physical ailments that affect restful sleep.

    Labels: , ,

    1 Comments:
    1. Yes, I see this is already a unique series and theme! Thats what has me excited. I love vamps and weres and especially those comfort ones, but too love something new!
      With all the research you came up with, how do you keep this info together to have it available for your books? Rearch take up more time than writing it? Anything strange or differnt, etc, that you found doing this research?

      Cathie
      http://tbranxiety.blogspot.com

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/17/2006 12:38:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home