My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    9/14/2006
    Vamp in The Big Easy
    My first full length book for Avon will be Into the Darkness, which won't release until April 2007.

    I've been writing vampires for a while now for Ellora's Cave, so when I decided to strike out and tackle Avon, I went with a genre I love.

    ITD is the first in what I hope will be a series of stories about vampires and other creatures of the night.


    The book has gone through copy edits and is pretty much
    "in the can" now, so I'm working on the sequel at the moment. I've had a great time building my world for this story. I set it in New Orleans (I know, another vamp in The Big Easy!), but from there I've built a very distinct world with a rich history and an over-arching evil my heroes and heroines must battle.

    This is the premise for the story:

    Natalie Lambert's life has changed in the space of weeks—and she has no idea why. Her parents were murdered, she has her first taste of sexual desire—and she feels out of control, afraid, desperate to understand her changing world. She flees to New Orleans, hoping to lure the murderer out of the dark and bring to an end the trail of
    dead loved ones.

    Instead, she's attacked by crazed birds, swarmed by locusts, and saved by a Cajun cop who awakens all her latent desires.
    When Rene Broussard rescues a virgin vampire, he ends up in her bed and becomes hers for life in one lusty bite. Rene awakens the vampire within Natalie, and she awakes the passion within him. Together, they fight the evil threatening to destroy The Born vampires while they discover a treasure of love they can share for all eternity.


    [note: beta blogger is being goofy if you have issues posting use the option 'other' and type in your name... if you use anon, make sure you type your name in the post]

    Labels: , ,

    8 Comments:
    1. Huh...looks rather interesting!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/14/2006 10:34:00 PM  

    2. Hi Deliliah,

      can't wait to read the book. Great cover!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/15/2006 01:41:00 AM  

    3. Sounds good!

      By Blogger Unknown, at 9/15/2006 09:11:00 AM  

    4. Sounds like a good book. :) Please tell me I will be seeing more of your books in print?

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/15/2006 03:36:00 PM  

    5. always enjoy reading about sexy cajun cops
      Looking forward to reading more about it.

      caity_mack@yahoo.com

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/16/2006 01:32:00 PM  

    6. Delilah, is this a series? If so whats the name of the series? And too how many books possibly planned and last, smile, how are the books connected (place, or vamp group (couldn't think of a word for that)?

      Cathie
      http://tbranxiety.blogspot.com

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/17/2006 12:57:00 AM  

    7. Cathie--so glad you asked!

      I'm contracted to write the second book in the series, which I'm writing right now! I have a title for the series, but it's not official just yet. And I'm not sure whether I will get to continue the series, just yet. They will likely want to see the sales figures before they buy more--so be sure to buy the book--and tell your friends about it, too! :) I have hopes of writing several books in the series, filled with vamps, shapeshifters and plenty of otherkin demons!!

      Delilah

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/17/2006 12:34:00 PM  

    8. Oh! And if you want to pre-order the book, here's the Amazon link:
      http://www.amazon.com/Into-Darkness-Avon-Delilah-Devlin/dp/0061161233/ref=sr_11_1/104-3994835-9344753?ie=UTF8

      Delilah

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/17/2006 12:37:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home