My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    9/11/2006
    GETTING SWEPT AWAY by Toni Blake
    People ask authors all the time – where you do get your ideas? I usually say I don’t know. Bad answer, right? But it’s the truth.

    However, after years of giving this bad answer – and you can always tell it really disappoints people – I think I’ve finally started to figure it out. I think I get my ideas – or at least some of them – from traveling. And maybe I’ve sort of, kind of known that for a while, but I guess I’m afraid it sounds a little … shallow.

    Like I should have an answer that sounds deeper or more profound. Because some of my books are, indeed, pretty deep and serious. But the fact is, when I travel, I generally come home with ideas for stories I could place in that new setting.

    I know very well that I came up with THE RED DIARY because I’ve visited the area of Florida where the book is set on many, many occasions. And I know I hit upon the idea for IN YOUR WILDEST DREAMS in 2001 at the Harlequin Party at RWA National in New Orleans, which took place in a FABULOUS restaurant which become the restaurant aka brothel ; ) in the story.

    So where did I come with the idea for SWEPT AWAY? This time, I can’t say it’s from any one place I’ve visited. In fact, I know I’ve had this idea in my head for quite a long time and am just now getting around to writing it. But, in general, I think the inspiration was just: the beach.

    I LOVE the beach. I want to LIVE at the beach. I feel like I’ve come home whenever I go to the beach. And heck, doesn’t a story about two people stranded on a deserted island just scream SEXY ROMANCE? For me, it does – and I think that’s one reason I loved writing this book so much. Every part of it just felt “right” and the words just flowed from my fingertips.

    So I hope readers will check out SWEPT AWAY, and that maybe it will inspire THEM in some way. Maybe you’ll want to take your boyfriend or husband to the beach when your done. Or maybe you’ll want to set sail for a private island where you can indulge your private fantasies, just like Brock and Kat do in the book.

    Swept Away Summary and Excerpt
    Five days before her wedding to a man she admires but doesn’t love, Katrina Spencer escapes to a private island. There, she can let the sun warm her body as she contemplates a future without the passion she craves. Then she lazily opens her eyes, only to see Brock Denton… muscular, half-naked, the one who got away – the one who makes her body tingle with arousal.

    How Brock arrived is a mystery, but it’s clear he’s in danger. Kat faces danger, too, in the arms of a man who is determined to free her from her every inhibition with his hands, his mouth, and more!

    Kat has five steamy days and five sultry nights to make up her mind – return home to a man she doesn’t love, or satisfy her wildest passions with Brock and let her herself be… swept away.

    EXCERPT

    Labels: , , ,

    8 Comments:
    1. I can't wait to read Swept Away

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/11/2006 12:37:00 PM  

    2. I still haven't found it in stores, but did notice I could get it as an ebook. I'm looking forward to reading it.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/11/2006 12:49:00 PM  

    3. Aw, Jennifer, you are so sweet to say so! : ) Thanks a ton! And thanks for stopping by!

      By Blogger Toni Blake, at 9/11/2006 12:50:00 PM  

    4. Lisa, really? It can be bought as an e-book? I had no idea!

      And I know that, unfortuntely, the books weren't actually available in stores on the 5th - the release date - due to the holiday on the day before messing up delivery schedules. But it should be out most places by now, and if you don't see it, feel free to ask and tell them they should order LOTS of copies ; )

      However you end up getting your hands on it, I hope you enjoy it!! : ) And thanks for checking it out!

      By Blogger Toni Blake, at 9/11/2006 01:00:00 PM  

    5. I'm reading it right now (well, not at this very moment since I'm typing :P), and I'm loving it so far. I love how persistent and sexy Brock is.

      Diana

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/11/2006 08:36:00 PM  

    6. Oh, thank you, Diana!! : )

      By Blogger Toni Blake, at 9/12/2006 09:19:00 AM  

    7. The summary looks great, can't wait to read it.

      By Blogger Kris, at 9/12/2006 05:15:00 PM  

    8. thanks so much, Kris! I hope you enjoy it : )

      By Blogger Toni Blake, at 9/13/2006 08:22:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home