My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    9/08/2006
    Women, Rogues and Gentlemen
    Current release:

    What A Gentleman Wants
    (September 06: RIGHT NOW! WAITING FOR YOU TO BUY IT!)



    Do I read my finished books:

    Yes.

    It’s a sick habit, and I always find a typo, but by the time the book comes out, it’s been so long since I wrote it, it’s like a whole new story to me: hey, I wrote that?

    The hero did what? Wow...who knew?

    It’s almost like revisiting a prior life--although it may just be proof that I am losing my mind.

    Have I always wanted to be a writer:

    nope. I spent college trying NOT to write (see: math major; problem sets). It left more time for TV viewing and partying.

    How long does it take to write a book:

    One bottle of Kahlua, three viewings of Pride and Prejudice (BBC version), and multiple batches of chocolate cookies.

    Plus a zillion hours of web surfing, aka ‘research.’

    Where do I get my ideas:

    in the shower. Sometimes at the grocery market. And once at the dentist’s office.

    What’s next:

    What A Rogue Desires, in September 2007 (or thereabouts).

    Anyone who reads What A Gentleman Wants will probably be able to guess who the rogue is. It
    wasn’t my plan to write that book, but (honest) my editor asked for it.

    Now it is your turn! Have a question for Caroline? Go for it!

    [note: beta blogger is being goofy if you have issues posting use the option 'other' and type in your name... if you use anon, make sure you type your name in the post]
    5 Comments:
    1. Great interview!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/08/2006 01:02:00 PM  

    2. I just bought this one the other day. Not so much a question as a comment. I think what Zebra is doing is great for new and almost new authors. I wish more publishers would start doing it do build a fan base for new authors.

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 9/08/2006 01:47:00 PM  

    3. Thanks, Jennifer!

      Kristi (J): I think it's only for new authors. And you're right, it is a great idea. They've published books from pretty much every subgenre you can name, across time periods, settings, you name it. And I think it's working, because they are still buying well into the future for the program.

      I hope you enjoy the book!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/08/2006 05:42:00 PM  

    4. Caroline, love your answers! LOL
      Ok my question for you, how did you decide to write historicals? Was it something you like to read as well? Is there another genre you'd like to write in?

      Cathie
      http://tbranxiety.blogspot.com

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/08/2006 11:22:00 PM  

    5. Cathie: I just love historicals. The first romances I was really hooked on were the traditional, short Regencies, and the circle just widened from there. The 'whole different world' aspect of historicals is what I love.

      As to different genres, yes, I have some ideas...but I'm superstitious about it, and can't tell anyone anything about an idea until I know it's got real legs (and won't die and leave me with only half a book).

      Caroline

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/10/2006 01:23:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home