My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    9/11/2006
    Guest Author: Toni Blake
    Our first guest author has written Avon Red's first single title. And has a much nicer, up to date and better informed website than Avon Red.


    She first wrote for Harlequin and Kensington Precious Gems.

    Who knew? I had thought The Red Diary was her first book.

    We have a couple of guest blogs, an Avon Red Q&A and a few other nifty things coming up today provided the rain doesn't kill my computer first.

    So lets get this party started!

    Should be fun!



    [note: beta blogger is being goofy if you have issues posting use the option 'other' and type in your name... if you use anon, make sure you type your name in the post]
    6 Comments:
    1. Hi Toni,

      congrats to the first Avon Red single title!

      Can't wait to read the book

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/11/2006 12:03:00 PM  

    2. Hi Danny! Thanks a ton for the congrats, and for getting the book - I hope you enjoy it : ) It's actually my favorite book of mine so far, so I'm excited it's finally available : )

      By Blogger Toni Blake, at 9/11/2006 12:19:00 PM  

    3. Hi Toni: I have In Your Wildest Dreams in my TBR pile. I checked out what your newest was about a while ago and was quite intrigued.
      It's in the stores around here now (although I haven't picked up a copy yet) but what kind of surprised me is that it is shelved in the Erotica section of the books store. Of course that's right next to the romance section, but I was still kind of surprised to see it there rather than in the regular romance.

      By Blogger Kristie (J), at 9/11/2006 12:36:00 PM  

    4. Congrats Toni on the release! I still haven't gotten a copy (haven't been anywhere), but I look forward to reading it.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/11/2006 12:39:00 PM  

    5. Hi Kristie! Thanks for letting me know that - although it bums me out ; ) SWEPT AWAY is definitely a romance, and I hate to think readers won't find it because it's shelved in the erotica section. Boo, hiss!

      Right now, there seems to be HUGE confusion over erotic romance and erotica, although I think there's a very big difference between the two. Avon uses both terms to describe the Red line, but I personally think calling it erotica mislabels it. That said, I haven't read any of the books in the line but my own, so maybe I'm wrong. But I know my book is a very traditional sexy romance, just with a heavy erotic content.

      And thanks for having IYWD in your TBR pile : ) I hope you enjoy it! And if you do, I can promise you that SWEPT AWAY has a very similar level of eroticism - I've pretty much writing the same type of books for a while now, but now that erotica is hot, it's suddenly being called erotica ... sigh.

      By Blogger Toni Blake, at 9/11/2006 12:57:00 PM  

    6. Toni, congratulations on kicking off Avon Red's first single title with Swept Away.

      Diana

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/11/2006 08:58:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home