My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    12/23/2006
    Ebookwise 101
    I need to check to see if Dear Author did a post on ebookwise... prolly did

    But to keep you busy while I am away shopping, ;) see I am a such a giver. Is there an Ebookwise set up for dummies anywhere? Link me!

    You pro ebookwise people, any advice? Samhain has a feature where you can buy in the ebookwise format (and a great sale going on). But I am not sure if that is what I want to do, or if I should do html and convert so I can read on the puter or ebookwise.

    But the thought of converting something myself... eek!

    Labels:

    4 Comments:
    1. If you really do want both formats, Ebookwise has their Librarian software that does the conversion for you that only costs about $15. I have some ebooks I originally bought in html that I converted to the new format with it and read on the new Ebookwise. No problem.

      By Blogger Bev (BB), at 12/23/2006 09:49:00 AM  

    2. I have an ebookwise, and I tend to buy books in HTML. That way I can load them as personal content to read on the reader or leave them on the laptop or convert them to the IMP format if I want.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/23/2006 10:12:00 AM  

    3. I vote for buying in html too because that way your content isn't tied to one device. If you decide to upgrade to a different ereader in the future, html books are almost always going to be supported in some fashion. IMP is exclusive to ebookwise.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/23/2006 01:12:00 PM  

    4. I buy some of my books in IMP, if I buy from Ebookwise, because I'd rather buy them in that format than a secure LIT or PDF, which are more hassle to format. But otherwise I use html or rtf formats and convert them. Barring html format, I buy LIT, because it's easier to convert that than PDF, which is just a plain pain to do.

      The IMP format is tied to the Ebookwise (as far as a handheld device) but there is a program you can download to read them on your computer, if you needed to. The problem with the reader is that it interferes with the Librarian software so you can't have both on your computer (as far as I've determined). Don't ask me why.

      By Blogger Angela James, at 12/23/2006 03:47:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home