My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    12/23/2006
    Joy to the World
    Le sigh... since I spent most of last week home sick, I still have to get some things for my mom. I WANT to stay home in bed and read. I WANT to finish one of the 20 blog posts I have started.

    Not that anyone is around to read them ;).But I shall be good, I shall go finish shopping. And even go over there for a bit. Then come home and blog and read *g*.

    Good news is I got a totally unexpected bonus at work. And I think I am staying in my apt for another year. So if everything works out like I want it too... I shall be buying a new computer very soon! Now the question is do I want a desktop or laptop?

    Any suggestions? Anything will be better than what I have. And really I only use my computer for the net, ebooks, blogging and more internet *g*. So I am not looking for a 2000 top of the line computer.

    I know I want something with a smartcard reader? I think that is what is called. To load my ebookwise (I don't know I am getting for xmas of course) hee. I want a CDR and a USP port in front. And I want the memory to be able to upgrade to at least 1Gig but 2 if possible.

    Right now I am looking to send around 300 to 600 hundred. And figure right after xmas is the best time to look. So processorwise... what would be good and in that range? Anyone know?

    Okay enough stalling... off to get ready to shop.

    Labels:

    2 Comments:
    1. I just connect my Ebookwise to my laptop using the USB cord. And you can buy a cheap Smart Media Card reader, so I wouldn't make that a deal breaker on a computer, mostly because I'm not sure how common a port for the Smart Media Card is (because that type of card seems to not be commonly used by many devices any longer, one of the drawbacks, to me, of the Ebookwise).

      By Blogger Angela James, at 12/23/2006 08:46:00 AM  

    2. Turns out that Compact? whatever the brand is... the only computer that can have a smart card reader. At least that is what one guy said.

      So smart card reader is out. UPS port is fine.

      I was told to stay away from 'e'machines cuz they have issues? Anyone know this for sure? They do seem to run on the cheap end so I would believe it.

      By Blogger sybil, at 12/23/2006 05:34:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home