My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    3/09/2005
    The Obedient Bride by Mary Balogh
    I have to say I wouldn't have read this book if not for two things - the review at AAR and I like Mary Balogh's writing.

    I have a real hard time with cheating. Now it doesn't bother me if it is before the h meets the hr. I can get past it if it is before they are sexually involved. But once the main characters are having sex, the whole mistress thing pisses me off.

    I don't read romance novels because I want to read about real life, for that I will watch oprah. (kidding) I don't mind angst and drama - as long as I get my HEA. But leave out the cheating damn it.

    That aside, I liked this book. really... I liked how she handled him being a creep and keeping a mistress. I even liked that he went back to screw the woman again, after the big 'omg you are cheating on me?' scene. I liked it even more that he didn't (couldn't) have sex with ginny. I did think the mistress threatening him was a lil over the top. She had to know her 'place' and if he wanted to, I dare say he could fuck her over much better than she could have him. But I took it as a 'heat of the moment' type thing to say.

    I was very happy that it didn't just wrap up - dump mistress - make love to wife - hea all in the last two pages. The way he informed Arabella of Ginny's need for new employment was smooth and the one-bed house party was perfect.

    It is a great book. If you can find a copy buy it, hell buy it even if you don't want to read it. It is one damn hard book to come by.
    1 Comments:
    1. You sound just like me on infidelity. I mean, in general, I'd really rather not see the hero having sex with someone else (hate those "hero indifferently pleasing his mistress" first scenes), but ok, I can handle it. Once he's got involved with the heroine, however, I just hate it if he cheats on her.

      Of course, I've read some exceptions... not many, but at least a couple. Still, knowing that the hero is unfaithful is something that can make me not buy the book.

      By Blogger Rosario, at 3/10/2005 03:26:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home