My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit goodbadandunread and update your bookmarks.

My Reviews
Books
Guest Author Schedule
EBUZZ: It's What's for Dinner!
Don't You Want to E-review Too?
Author Interviews
  • comingsoon - Karen Kelley
  • comingsoon - Caroline Linden
  • comingsoon Avon Red: Sylvia Day, Toni Blake, Cathryn Fox, Leda Swann, Delilah Devlin
  • Authors in Blogland
    Reader Blogs
    Author Blogs
    About Me
    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Texas, United States
    Search

    The Good, The Bad, and the Unread
    web
    Previous Posts
    Recent Comments
    Reading and Reviewing
    Upcoming Books
    This and That
    Archives
    Count Bar
    eXTReMe Tracker

    3/29/2005
    To the Ends of the Earth by Elizabeth Lowell
    Posted 1/30/5 in live journal (I don't have too many book posts in my lj but there are a few I want to move over)

    I read my first Elizabeth Lowell book that I didn't like. le sigh, that makes me sad. I haven't read any of her newer books since I am not much into romantic suspense novels but her historicals are just about the best evah. Her Only Series is the reason I fell in love with westerns.

    To the Ends of the Earth was just bad. Bad bad bad and made no sense what so ever. Cat is working herself to death to put two teens (her twin sister and brother) through med school and because her grown mother can't balance a checkbook. ::blink:: take the fucking thing away from her and make the kids take out a few loans. The whole idea is, if she can just make it to January when her mother marries some rich dumbass, all will be fine. I understand the book was written in the 80's and updated and re-released in the 90's but please.

    And the hero... he is scarred and wounded from his first marriage (as all hero's are that have been married before) so he has sworn off women. Well other than to fuck them. So whores and mistresses he gets but mutual sex based on pleasure or feelings isn't something he understands. I am sorry, after you have mind-blowing sex with someone you think you have feelings for and they offer to pay you - find the door. Quick. She didn't - and he offered AGAIN. He pretty much spent the book pissed off she had to work and waiting for her to ask him for help moneywise. And omg -the end of the book is awful, how EL got a HEA in this is beyond me. The whole thing is like a car wreck you can't understand you are watching. So back to the UBS with this book.

    Then again Elizabeth Lowell has made an artform out of hero's treating their heroines like shit and then somehow making it work. At least for me, she crossed that line in this book and I just couldn't see it. But that can't be said for everyone since AAR gave it a DIK review.
    1 Comments:
    1. I HATED this book! Absolutely and totally hated it. The hero was a judgemental jerk and the heroine a TSTL martyr.

      By Blogger Rosario, at 3/30/2005 09:01:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home